• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A rather slow Bronco rebuild

dsmith01

I started a thread about a year ago on a local forum but have found myself visiting this site more often than any other site out there. I have to say this site and the people here have been the most helpful during this project. Without some of the posts and tech articles here I'd be completely lost. Here is a link for the back-story on this build.

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=151101

So far I've replaced most of the body with new sheet metal, had the frame and body sandblasted, POR15ed the frame and underside of the body and done some minor engine work.

The rust bucket originally came with a 351w that is in the process of being converted to EFI and an Explorer sepentine setup.

This work has been done since the last post in the above thread.

Got the body back from being media blasted.
Bronco090-1.jpg

Underside of body POR15ed.
Bronco094.jpg

Engine/Trans/Transfercase back on frame.
Bronco089-1.jpg

Body back on frame after engine bay was POR15ed.
Bronco095.jpg

Explorer accesories installed.
Bronco092-1.jpg

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Looks like you're doing great so far, keep up the good work. What paint color, lift, etc are you going with?

OP
OP
D

dsmith01

THANKS!

Burnt Orange (black flares and soft top)

It has a 90's Rancho 2-1/2" budget lift on it. I'll probably keep that for now since it didn't ride too bad. Eventually, I'll go with a 3-1/2" WH or similar. It has 33" tires that are practically new so I'll run those for a while. I'll go up to 35" when the 33's are done.

I'm trying to keep this as budget friendly as possible right now - if thats possible (these bronco parts are spendy :eek:). Just trying to finish the body and get her running for now - then we'll see what's next! ;D