• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ADMIN - New Photo Gallery

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I'd like to invite everyone to visit the new Photo Gallery:
http://ClassicBroncos.com/photos

Members now have their own individual albums. You can upload, edit, comment and delete photos. Regular members have a 2MB space limit and Contributors have 4MB.

The new Gallery is also searchable by paint color, lift size, tire size, year, username and keywords. As each member uploads they can fill in the info that fits each photo, which then allows others to find that photo in a search.

Photo approval still needs to go through me, but it should be less than 24 hours. That's a huge improvement on the old gallery where it would take me weeks to update. :p

When you're uploading photos please remember that this is a Bronco site. Try to keep non-Bronco related photos to a minimum.

Have fun! Post back here with any questions.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Very nice, thanks Jon! I just uploaded a couple pix. Are the old picture galleries still available?

Dusty

KST1

Nice Job Jon!! Now I gotta get some pics of my rig in there :p %) :p

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Dusty said:
Are the old picture galleries still available?
Yes, the old galleries will stay as an archive. I would like to get everyone who is in the old gallery to switch their photos to the new gallery so I can clean up the old one. If anyone needs help getting their photos transfered over please let me know.

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
To help you clear up some space you may remove mine from the old gallery.

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
All I can say is WOW.. Thank you every much.

Eugene

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks folks! Glad to see everyone likes it. There have been over 2,600 views in the first 24 hours alone. :)

Also, I just integrated the random thumbnail on the main page. Now if you click the thumbnail you'll go right to the full size photo. Before it just went to the main gallery page. I know that drove some of you nuts. ;)

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
admin said:
Yes, the old galleries will stay as an archive. I would like to get everyone who is in the old gallery to switch their photos to the new gallery so I can clean up the old one. If anyone needs help getting their photos transfered over please let me know.

Way to go Jon, you've done it again, nice work.

My old pics are on page 60. How do I get them to the album?

Thanks, Howard

Last edited:
OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Here's a quick guide to transfering your old gallery pics to the new gallery. For those that can't get this to work let me know and I'll do it for you. But if most of you can do it from your end it will save me a lot of time. :)

Go to your photos in the old gallery. Click on each to show the full size photo. Right click on it and "Save Picture As..." Note the location on your computer that it saves it to.

After you've saved them all to your computer then go to the new gallery and click "Upload Photos" in the upper right and browse to where you saved the photos. Select each one and upload.

Don't forget to fill out the optional values like year, color, lift, etc if they apply. It really helps with the gallery search feature.

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
Thanks Jon. This is a really great feature. I just moved my old member photos and can't wait to get a little time at home to load up some newer ones.....

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
? for jon,
once a photo is uploaded......can it be changed/deleted in the future?