• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

After Market Seats: Best Top vs Corbeau

edgeoffroad04

Hey Guys,

Looking to trade out my cheapo plastic molded seats the PO had in my 73. Needless to say my expectations arent set too high.

I was looking on Jeffs Bronco Graveyard's website and found two brands:

Corbeau Baja SS- $179.00
comes in: tan, black and grey
additional parts needed: seat adaptor/track ($199/pair)

Corbeau Moab Recliner - $220.00
comes in: tan, black and grey
additional parts needed: seat adaptor/track ($155/pair)

Best Top Trail Max II - $172.00
comes in: black
additional parts needed: none?

So my question is simple. Does any one have any experience with the best top seat? And if not, how are the Corbeau seats and which do you recomend? Looking to keep my seat cost under $450...if not $400.

If you dont agree with these options, what seat options do you recomend?

thanks for your feedback,
Edgeoffroad04

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
If you decide to go with the corbeau keep in mind some models have better head support. Every seat in every vehicle I own has full head support for my height (6'1") if your tall and/or have a long torso & prefer good head support in a seat make sure you factor that in.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
I have the Bestop Trailmax II seats, both front buckets and rear fold/tumble. I'm not clear on what input you're looking for here; the Corbeau and Bestop seats are 2 totally different styles. Corbeau are rigid buckets intended for harness setup while the Bestop are reclining high-back with head-rest buckets intended for 3-pt belts.

One note is the TrailMax are available in several colors and fabric styles. They have Charcoal, Black, Black Denim, and Spice available throughout a full vinyl model, or vinyl with fabric inlay model. The Trailmax are not plug-n-play, you'll have to fab whatever you're using for seat sliders to adapt them to the bestop mounting position & pattern. Also the Trailmax are too tall (high-back & headrest) to attempt a fold-forward passenger mount, but the seatback does recline or lean forward to assist in rear entry.

Entourage

Loc.
Phoenix, Arizona
I have 2 Corbeau RS up front and 2 SS in the rear. I think the SS's are the best value on the market. IMO Why choose a non-suspension seat for the same price as an offroad suspension seat.

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
I am running the baja Ultras... The SS had a seatback that was too low for me. I ended up getting the wide version which is a tight squeeze in the Bronco

Todd

Bronc484

Loc.
Littleton, CO.
I installed the Corbeau Moab's about a year ago. They are super comfortable and "fairly" easy to install if you're not a fabricator by trade. The driver seat went in just fine with the adaptor kit, however I feel that using the existing holes from the old seat bracket, I am sitting a little too close to the steering wheel. The passenger seat on the other hand. When I lined up the existing holes with the Corbeau adaptor kit, the back of the adaptor kit barely sat on the floor board behind the seat. Had to drill holes to make that one work.

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I had the Moab's and hated them. I thought they were stiff and a killer on long drives. I sold them and went with the Corbeau baja RS. Much more comfortable in my opinion.

Henry

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
Have you considered the MasterCraft seats from WH?

IMO one of the most comfortable seats I've sat in an EB.