• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

After market seats? Whatcha got?

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
So now that I'm back, I'll be axin a lot of questions for my build list.

I want some aftermarket seats, but not "racing seats" - I'm too fat and old plus I don't wheel that hard. And I want something comfy and new(ish). I'm not going to a junk yard to pull seats out of a 83 Nissan, but I would out of a wrecked new truck or car. And I would like something that is bolt in, if that's possible.

I saw a post about using the rear bucket seats from an f150 Harley D version. Anyone done that?

Where have your after market seats come from?

Thanks!

J

Last edited:

Dpearce

I'm running seats from a 2009 BMW 645 convertible. In the early processes of my build - so haven't installed but they do fit really well. Full power, heat and one great bonus - the seat belt is integrated into the seat. Will post pics once I get to that part.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
WH Procar Rally 2000's. With adapters also from WH it is a bolt in. They sit real low.

Very durable. I have been really hard on mine. They are great but if I was able to do it over I would get those reclining suspension seats at WH.....I am old "and" fat.....(6'5" & 250 lbs)....

luke

procar also makes a low back bucket that emulates a 60's-70's style car or truck bucket. they look nice but not sure about fittment in a bronco. available through summit and jegs. if you look at the options they have yoou will see what i mean.

Lon L

My Seats are Leather Power seats from a 97 Mustang. They sit a little tall for my taste. I have to bend forward sometimes to see traffic lights. I like the look and they are pretty comfortable.

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
My Seats are Leather Power seats from a 97 Mustang. They sit a little tall for my taste. I have to bend forward sometimes to see traffic lights. I like the look and they are pretty comfortable.

I like the seats in my 08 Mustang, plus I'm used to them. Anyone know if they would work? Or how?

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I like the seats in my 08 Mustang, plus I'm used to them. Anyone know if they would work? Or how?
I picked up 05 seats from a junkyard for $40 each. Very low profile and already have sliders. Havent mounted them yet but it looks pretty straight forward. Just need to bend the mounting tabs, make a passenger mount and bolt them in. Thinking about getting some custom upholstery on them

I may toss them in Sunday and snap a few pics if you want to see how they look. This seat but in tan:

125768d1301265651-2012-mustang-cloth-seats-upgraded-last-year-seat.jpg

C Saporito

Corbeau leather VX2000, a little pricey but comfortable for wide bodies. Heaters work good also.

Attachments

• IMG_2303.jpg
    IMG_2303.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 80

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Almost forgot but I tossed 1 seat in. I havent bent the mounting tabs yet so this is about 1" higher than it will be when bolted down.

20151122_152224_zpstrhjq011.jpg

jmeyer1971

My buddy has a set of Acura seats I plan on using they sit low and both sides have armrests

tommyg

Contributor
procar also makes a low back bucket that emulates a 60's-70's style car or truck bucket. they look nice but not sure about fittment in a bronco. available through summit and jegs. if you look at the options they have yoou will see what i mean.

Love my Procar's...definitely nice low profile and hold you in tight. Only downside is the high side bolsters you need to climb over...

2h6egcy.jpg