• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

after only 7 years...the project shows life!

OP
OP
Dakota

Dakota

Loc.
Sunny South Dakota!
Bitch'nBronco said:
Sweet, thanks! I was thinkin about doin the same thing, but I was gonna use lead. Ive seen that stuff pop, so I hope you dont mind but I ma be tryin the same thing

No problem--just keep it as cool as you can I guess. I used a stiff wire brush to get all of the seam sealer out, then went to town on it. I did torch off my bedliner on the inside which I had to paint over, but it looks fine and is pretty much out of site.

Good luck with it, it really makes a difference in the clean look in my opinion.

77Bronco636

luvmybronco said:
Now that thing is SWEET...That's exactly what the Concept Bronco SHOULD look like...Excellent work, my friend...

I was thinking the same thing. The concept bronco and this truck would look great next to each other, and give Ford something to think about;) Great job on the truck, it looks great;D

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
All I can say is wow!:eek: And, that color looks perfect on an Early Bronco. Thought of something else to say and it's just my opinon. The blue suspension parts detract from the color scheme. Any plans on changing that? Color of the cage and bumpers would look good on it.

Last edited:

bobzilla

Loc.
Riverside, ca
very nice! I loved that silver bronco in the movie SPEED and have always kept that in mind. What kind of fender flares are those?

OP
OP
Dakota

Dakota

Loc.
Sunny South Dakota!
yellowrouge said:
All I can say is wow!:eek: And, that color looks perfect on an Early Bronco. Thought of something else to say and it's just my opinon. The blue suspension parts detract from the color scheme. Any plans on changing that? Color of the cage and bumpers would look good on it.

I have had the same thought--the truck has taken on a "subdued" look kind of, and I thought I should tame the suspension down some. The steering is easy to address, do you think I should remove the shock boots? Paint the shocks?

There is also a generous helping of blue in the drivetrain, and there is unfortunately no way I can get all of that reversed, but maybe some, like the intake plenum.

I appreciate the opinion, let me know what you think might look best!

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Dakota said:
I have had the same thought--the truck has taken on a "subdued" look kind of, and I thought I should tame the suspension down some. The steering is easy to address, do you think I should remove the shock boots? Paint the shocks?

There is also a generous helping of blue in the drivetrain, and there is unfortunately no way I can get all of that reversed, but maybe some, like the intake plenum.

Beautiful...but the blue's too much for me, too. However, since you went with blue bushings, I'd be inclined to leave it as is....except for blacking the driveshaft(s).

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Machine gun turret on the rollbar, gear gawkers bolted together to make a windshield, built in cooler, I could come up with a thousand things. On second thought, YellowRouge is on to something. My suspension is a Duff so it is blue also. I don't mind the blue that much but I have a white top and not monochrome.

PS

Loc.
Sebastopol, CA
Dakota said:
...the truck has taken on a "subdued" look...

My Bronco has gone the same direction with my somewhat similar ground-up resto-mod. The color I chose is (of all things) 1962 Volkswagen Fontana Gray; a really light pale gray/green with no metallic. The top and grill are body color and I went satin black on the ProtoFab bumpers and Hanson cage and the interior is all black. The bodywork is so straight I could have easily gone black or some other dark color, but I really like the subdued effect. Those who know what they're looking at 'get it' and I don't need to impress the local high school kids.

I really like your Bronco, very nice work.

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Dakota said:

Gotta do something with the suspension and steering parts. They just glow with the subtle paint in the sun. It would be a job to change stuff like the c bushings. And of course it's easy for me to say cause I won't be the one doing it but, looks like it would be worth it. I'm sure everything else up to this point has been real easy to do.;)