• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

after only 7 years...the project shows life!

Dakota

Loc.
Sunny South Dakota!
For all of you out there with a potentially sweet project that has somehow stalled out over the years, I offer you hope. I started this project in 1999 by impulsively purchasing a 66 for $600, then beating on it for an afternoon before totally dismantling it over a couple of beers that evening. The project was underway, but a military career and 4 moves got in the way. Sound kind of familiar? Well I finally saved the cash and took her into the body shop for the knockout blow--this is what came out of it. Worth the wait? I think so....lots of goodies on this rig. Now we just need to ditch this sub-zero weather in Dakota so I can get out with it.

BTW, the color is light pewter metallic, a GM truck color common on Tahoes in the early 2000s.

Attachments

• post1.jpg
    post1.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 259
  • post2.jpg
    post2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 185
  • post3.jpg
    post3.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 300

kntr

Bronco Guru
What color is that? SWEET. I like the wide Duff fenders too!!

Post some more pics if you can in the sun.:eek: :eek:

OP
OP
Dakota

Dakota

Loc.
Sunny South Dakota!
Light Pewter Metallic--GM color found on trucks and Corvettes a couple of years back. I saw it on a Vette and knew instantly that I was in love. I debated some contrast on the top or flares, but the paint man said no way, monotone is the way to go. I trusted, and he delivered!

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
Well, I'd say you made some progress alright. It's looking pretty damn good. I love the color, it's different. What's next? Keep up the good work.

kntr

Bronco Guru
I had a 78 F150 that was the same silver as a 99 Toyota Rav 4. It was one of the best silvers I seen. Ill see if I can find a pic of the color. I do like that silver though.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
that truck rocks! You give me hope.

Todd66

Loc.
Hartland twp Mi
Fine rig

I Like that rig alot , Ive been trying to find a good color for my 74 for about 8 years . And I think I finally found somthing that looks greeeat.;D Looks like there will be one here in mich the same color , Hopefully you dont mind. Mine is un cut at this time but I think im going to cut it also, Been undecided for to long . Sweet looking bronco. Todd

kontinu

Loc.
mount holly
Looks awesome, I was going to do my bronco silver. Are those fender flares flexible? What would happen if a tire hit it?

OP
OP
Dakota

Dakota

Loc.
Sunny South Dakota!
Flares are not very flexible

No, the flares are not very flexible. I think if you caught one with a tire, you may be unbolting it and getting out the fiberglass repair kit. Since the rig will never see SERIOUS trail usage, I am OK with that.

One thing you may notice if you look close--we welded both seams on the rear of the truck shut--between the rear quarter and the rear post and between the upper and lower rear quarters. It looks so clean, but it is hard to notice why unless I fess up.

D ROCK

Looks awesome! I saw a similiar color in the dupont book, but I like yours much better.;D

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Nice post - gives me hope. I am year 4. And that is the coolest silver I think I have seen on a Bronco.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
What is your lift package(susp/body) and tire/rim sizes? I love the stance and the color. Going with a silver and matte black myself but haven't chosen a silver yet. Can't make my mind up between one like your or one a shade or two darker. But I may have a winner now!!!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Very nice. I too, like the color. What kind and color bumpers are you planning?

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks real good.

Dakota said:
One thing you may notice if you look close--we welded both seams on the rear of the truck shut--between the rear quarter and the rear post and between the upper and lower rear quarters. It looks so clean, but it is hard to notice why unless I fess up.

Ok so fess up;D

OP
OP
Dakota

Dakota

Loc.
Sunny South Dakota!
Tires/Lift/Bumpers

I will post a pic with bumpers on--unfortunately it will be a garage pic due to the extreme cold in SDakota today (currently -8).

First things first: 3.5" Duff lift with hoops, 2" body lift. The body lift is 2x4" steel tubing welded in across the truck at each body mount point, and the cage ties directly into these tubes--REALLY rigid and robust cage.

Tires are 35x12.5x15 Xterrains on 15x10 American Eagle 589s. Matching spare on swing out bumper too--really cool!

Bumpers are Wild Horses prerunner style front and rear (with spare swing out). These are done to match the cage in a dark gray powder coat.

Lemme shoot some pics and post!