• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

after only 7 years...the project shows life!

Louie

Bronco Guru
Very nice :eek: I had that color on a 2000 Tahoe...it sure looks better on your Bronco :cool:

OP
OP
Dakota

Dakota

Loc.
Sunny South Dakota!
pics of the cage from waayyy back

This is the masterpiece cage that was made for my truck. It was made from scratch by a genius fabricator named Nathan Shearon who managed/manages the Auto Skills shop at Vance Air Force Base in Enid OK. I traded him another Bronco chassis with a running HO 302 in it for the cage--a small token for such a ridiculous cage. People are amazed when they take a good look at it.

I need to look him up and let him know that the lingering project is nearing completion.

Attachments

• bedline frm back3.jpg
    bedline frm back3.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 77
  • whole truck.jpg
    whole truck.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 85

BroncoDarin

Loc.
Spokane, Washington
Okay, that is about as nice of a Bronco as I have seen in a while. I think you need to consider doing a complete build-up thread. That cage is also very cool. Nice fit!

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Very very nice - I second the build up thread request.

What brand flares are those?

OP
OP
Dakota

Dakota

Loc.
Sunny South Dakota!
Pics in the sun, with bumpers.

Warning, she needs a serious wash! However, you will get the idea. Slowly but surely I am bolting her back together.

Attachments

• post 5.jpg
    post 5.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 94
  • post 6.jpg
    post 6.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 74

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I'M not a silver fan but that is a nice looking ride dark enough too stand out in a crowd ....That is a good thing about our Broncos their cool in just about any color .... Congrats man that is a long ordeal with a lot of other places bidding for your time .....Just like the marines your one of the prowd few...

kntr

Bronco Guru
What bed liner spray did you use? Did you do the underside and inner fenders too? Post any and all pics of the build if you can. :) PLEASE

Last edited:

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Dakota said:
Light Pewter Metallic--GM color found on trucks and Corvettes a couple of years back. I saw it on a Vette and knew instantly that I was in love. I debated some contrast on the top or flares, but the paint man said no way, monotone is the way to go. I trusted, and he delivered!

That's the same color I used on mine. It is different colors in different light. That is a sweet truck man.

kntr

Bronco Guru
Here is a pic of my 78 F150. It was 1999 Toyota Rav 4 Quicksilver. Sorry for the bad pic but it looked almost like stainless in the sun. I should have never sold that thing. It was originally my dads. He had used it as a old farm truck for years. Everything had been gone through and it ran great but the body was BAD. All I had done was paint, carpet, and a lift. I sold it for $7800. Not bad when I got it for free.

olgrey.jpg

So the color is light pewter metallic off of GM cars..... what year? Do you have a paint code?

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
When you say you welded the seams together, do you mean that you actuall welded 'em or leaded or bondoed. Do you have any pics of it before paint or primer?

OP
OP
Dakota

Dakota

Loc.
Sunny South Dakota!
before paint and primer

Here is how it ended up before any body work started. I was moving, so I had to throw it together and haul it from Oklahoma to Dayton OH like this. It was fun getting thumbs up from other people on the interstate.

Attachments

• bronco with body on.jpg
    bronco with body on.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 45
  • body on from front.jpg
    body on from front.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
Dakota

Dakota

Loc.
Sunny South Dakota!
Bitch'nBronco said:
When you say you welded the seams together, do you mean that you actuall welded 'em or leaded or bondoed. Do you have any pics of it before paint or primer?

They were welded with the MIG.

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
Sweet, thanks! I was thinkin about doin the same thing, but I was gonna use lead. Ive seen that stuff pop, so I hope you dont mind but I ma be tryin the same thing