• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Amp research electric steps questions

Jamie Chriss

Question: I have a BC Transmission fan measures 10″ X 16″ X 4 7/8 in this location will the arm have enough room to move up and down?

Attachments

• InkedB82ED389-D664-48C3-B56A-D693C85EBECA_LI.jpg
    InkedB82ED389-D664-48C3-B56A-D693C85EBECA_LI.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 125

Jamie Chriss

Curious has anyone tried the Amp Bed Step? looks like a nice fit. Icon uses on for their builds?

Attachments

• IMG_0880.jpg
    IMG_0880.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 68

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
Does the door switch come with the steps kit or do you have to purchase separately? If purchased separately anyone have a part number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RODRIG3911

RODRIG3911

Loc.
Tucson
Those come with the kit Jeff. One side worked fin. The other didn't for me, but maybe I had a bad one.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
What application AMP steps are used for the 66-77 Bronco?
My understanding is that they are for a longer truck and cut down to fit the shorter bronco.

Bronco Maniac

What application AMP steps are used for the 66-77 Bronco?
My understanding is that they are for a longer truck and cut down to fit the shorter bronco.

This is what I ordered: AMP Research 75104-01A PowerStep Electric Running Boards for 1999-2001 & 2004-2007 Ford F-250/F-350/F-450 (All Cabs)

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
This is what I ordered: AMP Research 75104-01A PowerStep Electric Running Boards for 1999-2001 & 2004-2007 Ford F-250/F-350/F-450 (All Cabs)

That’s what I used and just cut one of the boards in half and kept other as a spare. They are about 38” ish and fits perfectly.

777e316d613fbfde6c6b0c3857812701.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
Turns out I was instructed to buy the wrong override controller. I purchased the 79106-01a with STA1. That controller/switch will work but it'll make your LED lights inoperable and is more expensive. The correct override switch is 79106-01a which allows you to use your original controller and taps into your powersteps wiring 75104-01A. Just an FYI for anyone who may come across this.

Jfryjfry

We put ours in the door jamb and put the controller under the dash to keep it away from water....

JB - that is where I was planning on installing our switch. Did that switch let you do it without having to drill through the second sheet of metal of that piece and run the wire in the wheel well??

What switch is it?

Dannebrog53

So I ordered BC Broncos Amp steps, along with a northeast classic Mounting bracket and I've got a few questions for those of you who have done this before.
1- Where do you install the door jam switch? Looks like if I install it towards the top it'll be too long, but not sure...
2- where did you guys mount the computer for a clean look? Any pictures?
3- I'm thinking about running my passenger side harness under the Bronco along the frame, and the passenger side inside the cab and back down probably through the floor board... Any one find a better way to route the harness?.. I'd go along the bottom on both sides, but don't want the cables near the exhaust.

Thanks fellas. Attached is a picture of the door Jam switch. Called BC Broncos first with no answer, but you guys are super smart too ;D
I've also purchased the Northeast Classics mounting plates. Did you find the angles welded on the ends of the mounting plate didn't extend out enough far leaving a pretty big gap between them and the Bronco sheetmetal? Also the mounting brackets have hex head bolts welded on from the back of the mounting plates so the plates don't lay flat against the inner rocker box sheetmetal. There doesn't seem to be very many options; cut a clearance hole so it would lay flat, mount the plates the way they are and have them tilt out a little at the top or remove the welded hex head bolts and weld in countersunk bolts so they'd be flush. Any thoughts? AMP Mounting Plate.jpg

TNcowboy

Re the angles on the ends....I wound up welding some 1/8" plate to them that are scribe to fit the bracing. Also for the braces that install in the channels of the tub...I used 3/8" nutzerts. They worked great

mraine

Contributor
Hey guys, nice thread. I am thinking of ordering some steps and was wondering what you thought of the quality? They look super cool but do they seem like they will last?

TNcowboy

Overall the quality is great. I've got them on a dodge 2500 and the 67 bronco and they have held up well.
I'd recommend them

OP
OP
RODRIG3911

RODRIG3911

Loc.
Tucson
Hey guys, nice thread. I am thinking of ordering some steps and was wondering what you thought of the quality? They look super cool but do they seem like they will last?
The quality is great. I actually do regret installing them on mine though. Every time I go 4 wheeling, they stop working and I've got to clean up the switch contacts and all the mud off of the steps and pivot points for them to work right again. I feel that they are super cool and awesome for a trailer queen bronco. I've been thinking about selling mine and buying rock skis with nerf bars steps