• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

And than there was none! Help!!

elemetal

Loc.
Oakland, CA
How did you have your stereo on and not have the key in "ign. on"? Is it wired separately to always have power? If nothing was on (pulling current), there should have been no spark. The only way you could get a spark is from an "always on" line. I think I only have 2 or 3 in my whole rig so it narrows down the affected circuit. Probably the line that runs from batt + to the starter relay/dash ammeter, its in the right area.

OP
OP
L

ltatro

Loc.
Michigan
stereo

After considerable thought I figured it must have been the CD player drawing the current, it has an anti-theft feature and always has a blinking light when the ignition is off. Needless to say it drove me crazy!! Already have a nice ground strap attached to the new motor on the engine stand and will ground it to the body on install.