• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another Gearing Question - 4R70W and Blueprint 306 w/ 35s

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The only built the rear end to start is good advise. If you feel the gearing isn't right, a gear swap in a 9" is fairly inexpensive. Once you like the gearing choice, do the front.

Even if the gearing choice is correct to start with, it's nice to know for sure before you drop the coin to build the front to match. There are several front axles that were built up and tore down to be regeared and never put in 4WD. That is an expensive mistake. Even worse is someone being stubborn and not changing there poor choice in gear ratio. Driving a poorly geared rig because the expense in all the regearing. Doesn't cost anything extra to gear the front after the test drive.

Ask me how I know this lol. Several thousand vs several hundred, your choice. I currently have a 28 spline, 4.11 I will run when I get my project running. Have about 1500 in the 4.11 that may never see 4wd. I have a 4R with 33s and explorer engine with Efi.