• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

another hydroboost question

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
most threads ive read on here on hb people were running automatics and shifted their hb over to clear their efi set ups. i havent seen or heard about anyone with a standard tranny (mine is a zf) which has a hydraulic clutch master cylinder for it. so it would need to be there as well.

has anyone got any good write ups or tips for what they did in this situation? im running a 5.8 with a lightning intake on it.

thanks!

dbevans2249

Loc.
Buena Park, Ca.
There are many with 351/stick shift's. There is a bracket on ebay now. Search Ebay for "Bronco Hydroboost Mounting Plate" and you should find it. Here is a picture I got from a member here of one. It is on a rig with a 351 and tall valve covers. If you have any questions it is made by Tallon Hydraulics just give them a call.

Attachments

• hydroboost bracket (Small).jpg
    hydroboost bracket (Small).jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 52

70_Steve

Old Guy
has anyone got any good write ups or tips for what they did in this situation? im running a 5.8 with a lightning intake on it.
I'm running a 351 with Lightning lower and Explorer upper. 2" body lift, and a 3/8" spacer between lower and upper. I fabbed up a 3/16 plate mount for a SuperDuty hydroboost and mounted it in the stock location. Had to turn the hydroboost 90° to clear the upper, but it clears. I used a Dodge master cylinder and the hydroboost push rod was exactly 1/2" too long, so I made a 1/2" aluminum spacer that allowed me to bolt the master up to the booster.

Here's a link to a similar hydroboost install I helped my friend Motoman with, who had to turn the booster the same 90°. There's some good pics in the link that show the mounting plate and the 1/2" aluminum adapter.
http://www.emotoman.com/4x4/hydroboost/hydroboost.html