• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another new guy

bsimaz

Loc.
West Michigan
I’ve been lurking around the site foe a while now. With the arrival of a new TDK frame i guess I’m all in.

I’m sure I’ll be asking questions and getting advice as needed over the next year or so.

I’m a car guy that has done many fixes and rebuilds but this is my first time building a new car from scratch. Should be interesting.

Thanks in advance for the help
Bill.

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
Welcome aboard and kiss your bank account balance good bye... :LOL:
I come over to your side of the state a couple times a year to kick a little sand at Silver Lake Sand Dunes...
What type of truck are you building?

OP
OP
bsimaz

bsimaz

Loc.
West Michigan
Welcome aboard and kiss your bank account balance good bye... :LOL:
I come over to your side of the state a couple times a year to kick a little sand at Silver Lake Sand Dunes...
What type of truck are you building?
Standard build. As factory as i can. New stuff where needed. I have the orig 289 and trans/transfer freshly rebuilt.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Welcome Sir. We like pictures on this site, helps motivate all of us to make improvements ;):ROFLMAO:. Best group of Bronco Owners hands down!

OP
OP
bsimaz

bsimaz

Loc.
West Michigan
Since I'm starting from scratch my first question would be should I paint/rustproof the inside of the frame?

mustanggarage

Contributor
speaking from experience, one thing I would not do is powdercoat the frame. I did that to my frame, and have regretted it. you can't really touch it up. paint is a much smarter way to go IMHO. btw if you want to see a build similar to what you are planning you could look at my build. I built mine as a restomod but it is basically a ground up build as well.

OP
OP
bsimaz

bsimaz

Loc.
West Michigan
speaking from experience, one thing I would not do is powdercoat the frame. I did that to my frame, and have regretted it. you can't really touch it up. paint is a much smarter way to go IMHO. btw if you want to see a build similar to what you are planning you could look at my build. I built mine as a restomod but it is basically a ground up build as well.
I've already decided against the powder coat. paint is the way to go.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
For inside the frame, I have used a cut down chimney brush. Others have used chains or contraptions to clean the inside. Always start with a good pressure washer blasting, I have found tons of mud, dirt and mice nests.

I prefer good old rustoleum paint sprayed, poured or soaked rag pulled back and forth while flipping frame. There are also places like Eastwood with inside the frame spray attachments.

hsach

Contributor
Members Only
I haven't done my frame yet, but I used Eastwood's Internal Frame Coating on the inside of my rocker. The spray nozzle makes it fairly easy to get all sides. Turned out great.

Attachments

• 20220320_163801.jpg
    20220320_163801.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 26

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I’ve been lurking around the site foe a while now. With the arrival of a new TDK frame i guess I’m all in.

I’m sure I’ll be asking questions and getting advice as needed over the next year or so.

I’m a car guy that has done many fixes and rebuilds but this is my first time building a new car from scratch. Should be interesting.

Thanks in advance for the help
Bill.

Welcome Welcome Bill... Good to have you with us