• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any parts on this truck that I should keep for future Bronco?

helo-mech

I have an 89 F150 Straight 6, 5 speed that has been in the family since the day it was new. We are going to get rid of it and I was wondering if there was anything I should hold onto. I am not good with the whole part compatibility thing.

Thanks.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
If 4WD, transmission will bolt to a small block V8, just leave the flywheel with the 300 as it is balanced wrong.

After that, I can't think of anything. Front rotors should be the funky years that don't work with disk brake conversions. Engine, transfer, front and rear ends are lost causes.

Wheels will work, if they are anything worth having.
Oh, the washer/overflow bottle is a keeper!

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
If its a 4x4 then it might have a few parts ie tranny, other than that I probably wouldnt bother as it would probably be easier to sell the whole truck then it would be to sell it missing a bunch of parts.