• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any tricks to make tailgate hinges from rattling?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
OK first off I would like to say my tailgate does not rattle or squeak. Then I would like to say I planed it that way but I didn't. So many times when we are rebuilding these trucks we do thing ahead of other things, out of order if you will. Some times we have to re do things sometimes we make it work. In my case I line x'ed the area where the round mounts bolt to. I had a bitch of a time getting the tailgate installed. The line x thickness took out ALL the play from side to side. When I installed the tailgate the round mounts where forced into the cups in the tailgate. I used a copper anti-seize for lube in the cup and that is all. The fit is so tight the tailgate really has no play left in it. So I have to wonder if someone installed shims behind the mount to take up all the play would it make less noise?

bax