• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any wheel polishing tips?

redhorseshoe

Loc.
Redmond, OR
I'm wanting to polish the stock wheels on my '73 and was hoping someone would have some advice or a product they like to use to do so. I'm not looking for show quality finish or anything, I'd just like to spruce them up a bit.
Thanks!

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Stock wheels on a '73 would be stamped steel.
Are you trying to polish up steel wheels or some vintage alloy wheels?

I cleaned up some stock '73 Mach1 aluminum wheels on my trailer with a cotton polishing insert in my drill. Bought online but just saw the same thing yesterday in Harbor Freight. I used Met-All aluminum polish, but other stuff such as Mothers will work as well. Didn't fix any of the nicks but on the smooth stuff it took the dull white away and made it shiny again. Put some car was on to keep it shiny longer (It was what was in the garage cabinet, and compared to some test pieces that went untreated the wax is working to keep the shine).

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I used the Mothers Powerball on some old school mags,came out pretty good,they have the large cone or the small ball for your drill,very easy to use.:cool: