• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anybody using JBG aluminum radiator?

stus70brc

Contributor
Anybody using JBG aluminum radiator? Anybody knows who make them? Howe? Looking to buy one for my next build,being that there 10% off now! Says there made in the USA!

sanndmann3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm using one. Wasn't really thrilled with the size of the gooseneck on both the inlet and outlet. Both are smaller that the corresponding ones on the engine/waterpump... made it difficult to find hoses... also wouldn't waste money with internal tranny cooler if you are automatic and reverse rotation as the cooler is in the hot side tank...
If I had to do it again, I'd either do the Ron Davis unit or check out the super cheap one mentioned in other threads...
just my $.02...

OP
OP
stus70brc

stus70brc

Contributor
Ok Tks I found out it's a Howe , Im running a standard on this new build I'm doing I'm gonna go with a Griffin I can a good deal on a new one here local from speed shop! Again Tks again sandman!!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow. A local speed shop still in business? Definitely support those guys and keep that store open!
Haven't seen one around here in ages. And we used to have TONS of them.

But I guess things change... And just to prove that point yet again, my local Radio Shack is going to close at the end of the month. Knew it was coming sooner rather than later, from all the chatter, but having been my little doo-dad go-to spot in that location for almost 50 years, it's going to feel strange when it's gone.

Should probably feel guilty for calling it Radio Shit Shack all those years!:-[

Paul