• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anybody using JBG fuel filler hose?

jkransbottom

Loc.
Stallings, NC
Have a '77 that I'm reinstalling the stock tank on. Had to replace the filler hose and got the one from JBG. You're supposed to cut the hose in half and add a piece of pipe that came with the hose to make it long enough. The problem is the hose has a bend in it that I can't figure out how to line up the piece from the filler neck and the piece from the tank to be able to put the extension in between. Anybody else using this hose replacement that can lend some advice or tips?

SWFLABRONCO

Loc.
Cape Coral, Fl
Is the hose designed for use with a body lift? I bought my filer hose from them and I didn't need to splice it. I'm even running the WH body lift and it still worked fine.

OP
OP
jkransbottom

jkransbottom

Loc.
Stallings, NC
Their website doesn't say anything about it being for a lifted vehicle nor does it mention the pipe or having to cut the hose, but it would be too short without the extension. They told me about needing to use the pipe and cutting the hose after I called to ask what the pipe was for. The '77 uses a hose that is 2 1/4" I.D. at the filler neck and a 1 3/4" I.D. at the tank end. Is yours a '77 or is it an earlier model?

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
I was going to say cut it in half by the look of the pictures online and add your section in. I luv the fact that they can advertise a part that doesn't fit for that year and for a premium hose price. Try calling them, if that will help.

Most of what they have is exactly what Dennis Carpenter manufactures. There was someone on here that used that Blue Marine Hose and flexed it into place on one.

OP
OP
jkransbottom

jkransbottom

Loc.
Stallings, NC
Ended up cutting it in the wrong place and having to order a replacement hose. Once I got the new one and cut it properly I was able to install it. But if I had cut the original in the correct place I still don't think it would have been long enough to reach from the tank to the filler neck. The metal pipe extension needs to be another inch or two longer.