• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anybody using one of these Deatschwerks pumps?

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
No- b o d y ???

Interesting, 'Stang guys seem to like 'em...

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
I've been getting good service from my Walbro. Having a hard time justifying changing just on price.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Can you hear the Walbro run? I don't mind s t r a i n i n g to hear it prime but after that I don't want to be able to hear it at all.... just me maybe, but electrics drive me nuts...
thanks!

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Can you hear the Walbro run? I don't mind s t r a i n i n g to hear it prime but after that I don't want to be able to hear it at all.... just me maybe, but electrics drive me nuts...
thanks!
Can't hear it at all unless I walk back to the rear of the car. Even then only when the engine isn't running. The mounting method that I used is an experiment and one that I would not use, try, or suggest for anything going off-pavement. It basically hangs from the hoses with a bumper where it might make contact with the body in a high-G turn. Been like that for over a year and about 10k miles.
Note that the mildly kinked hose has been fixed with a 45° hose end.
i-ggtF8QF-L.jpg

Summit carries them, that may help in avoiding the counterfeit pumps.

Who actually makes these Deatschwerk pumps?