• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone have a source for the radio noise suppressor?

clintonvillian

Loc.
West Virginia
Mines about to break off...

picture.php

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That looks fine to me. If you listen to radio, yeah you need it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They are capacitors, so you weren't wrong to look for them that way. And some books even refer to them as "radio noise suppression capacitors" but because more and more automotive people over the years just identified them with "condensers" inside a distributor, where the electronic folks usually used the capacitor name, it pays to look for both in case the person loading the computer was an auto type, or an electric type.;)

I believe the original word was in fact condenser, or condensator (like the original word for aluminum was "alumium"), but with the demise of distributors many years ago now, I think capacitor is likely to take over and leave condensers to the air-conditioning folks.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I believe the original word was in fact condenser, or condensator (like the original word for aluminum was "alumium"), but with the demise of distributors many years ago now, I think capacitor is likely to take over and leave condensers to the air-conditioning folks.

Definitely wouldn't have thought to look for capacitor