• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone here watch BAT (bring a trailer)

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
@toddz69, @hyghlndr, Totally get that but but it seems they are okaying unrealistically high reserves on recent Broncos. My comments were about the inconsistency they appear to have. Maybe the Bronco market is fluctuating quicker than they can keep up! Interesting thought about power sellers vs. individuals with no track record with BAT.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
@toddz69, @hyghlndr, Totally get that but but it seems they are okaying unrealistically high reserves on recent Broncos. My comments were about the inconsistency they appear to have. Maybe the Bronco market is fluctuating quicker than they can keep up! Interesting thought about power sellers vs. individuals with no track record with BAT.
I'm in total agreement with that! I think the most obvious recent example is the Coyote-powered truck that was RNM at $231K. Sure, it's a beautiful rig, but wow - that's a high reserve. I think the only reason it could have that high a reserve was because it was offered by a power seller.

Todd Z.

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I submitted my brother’s (formerly my first Bronco) yesterday. We’ll see if they accept it and what reserve they will accept. Probably no reserve.

We’re both faced with the reality getting old and sore. Time to start unloading projects. That new Lund fishing boat would be nice. More fishin n less wrenchin.

chuddy

I submitted my brother’s (formerly my first Bronco) yesterday. We’ll see if they accept it and what reserve they will accept. Probably no reserve.

We’re both faced with the reality getting old and sore. Time to start unloading projects. That new Lund fishing boat would be nice. More fishin n less wrenchin.
I've got an EB in the pipeline with BaT right now. My second one with them, I only do No Reserve auctions with them. They will move your listing along much faster with no reserve, and I figure if I can't get my desired price there, I won't get it anywhere else, so there's no point in putting a reserve on it.

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I send a message to go “no reserve”.

cannunz546

Contributor
Bronco Owner and Admirer
Loc.
Northwest Suburbs, Chicago
I just submitted my 1973 Bronco to BaT with a reserve. BaT balked hard and tried to convince me to go without a reserve. They were very persistent but ultimately agreed to a reserve. I sold my other 1973 several months ago, also with a reserve. That was a decent experience. For this submission, I had to retake all of the pictures because I didn't take them in landscape mode. My bad. We'll see how this auction goes. I know the market has softened a bit but I don't really care much if I sell this one. My wife is against me selling it. I really like the truck. It was my first Bronco build. We did this one in 2006-2007. If I don't sell it, I am going to ship it to my house in Florida and use it there.

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
I just submitted my 1973 Bronco to BaT with a reserve. BaT balked hard and tried to convince me to go without a reserve. They were very persistent but ultimately agreed to a reserve. I sold my other 1973 several months ago, also with a reserve. That was a decent experience. For this submission, I had to retake all of the pictures because I didn't take them in landscape mode. My bad. We'll see how this auction goes. I know the market has softened a bit but I don't really care much if I sell this one. My wife is against me selling it. I really like the truck. It was my first Bronco build. We did this one in 2006-2007. If I don't sell it, I am going to ship it to my house in Florida and use it there.

so wait... wife doesn't want you to sell it. you don't really care to sell it... keep it brother!

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I had a pretty good experience with BAT for my 72 Patina Build. One issue seems to be their "insisting" on reserve levels seems very inconsistent. They would not list mine until I agreed to a reserve about $10K LESS than I wanted. Fortunately it sold slightly above my original reserve so I was happy with the result. I've been helping a friend try to list her very nice 67 Stingray hard top. They are insisting on a reserve about $20K less than she wants. So they are deadlocked and are sort of blowing her off. Compare this to the many recent Bronco "Bid To . . ." results where BAT obviously agreed to a reserve above what the market will bear. Her car is a 327, Powerglide, A/C car that has a great restoration story backed by a couple magazine articles. She is past president of the Lone Star Corvette Club. This car should be a great fit for for BAT but they're acting not interested. I don't get it.

(Photos are from when I helped evacuate it from her house when a forest fire was approaching our area in 2018.)

I was deadlocked with them for a while on the reserve price as well, but otherwise it's been a pretty smooth process. Look out for my '68 Bronco, it'll be arriving on the website soon!

cannunz546

Contributor
Bronco Owner and Admirer
Loc.
so wait... wife doesn't want you to sell it. you don't really care to sell it... keep it brother!
You're spot on. I am really torn. I have some other toys and am trying to vector towards a smaller stable. I have four grandkids now and they get a lot of my non-work attention. My wife and I took this Bronco out yesterday for a Father's Day drive. It was in the mid-90s in Illinois and we had a blast. Windows open (including vent windows and driver's side knee cooler) and we put about 100 miles on it. So fun to drive. As I am typing this BaT "accepted" my submission now that I submitted proper photos. I will be looking for Todd Z to comment on this Bronco once it is listed on BaT. He commented on my other 1973 Bronco on BaT as he knew that Bronco from years past. This Bronco was in Colorado from new until the late 1980s. It was then sold to my mechanic in Illinois, who parked in his home garage for about 14 years. He was going to make it a plow truck (but never did). In 2004, he was building another car for me at the time at his shop (which I still have), and he mentioned he had the Bronco and didn't know what to do with it. The rest is history. We re-did it from the ground up. It is an acquired taste build (I let my then 11 year old son pick the colors for the exterior and interior). But I love it. He would go to the mechanic's shop almost every day on the way home from middle school (sometimes alone and sometimes with his buddies) and hang out and watch the progress. My mechanic even let him paint his name on the shocks with a brush and black paint (which is still there). It's a great truck. Tons of receipts from the Colorado owner and from me. If it sells, it'll be a joy for someone for years to come.

Ro_Ja Boy

It’s 5%, max of $7,500. They just raided the max which used to cap at $100k (now $150k)

1969miller

Contributor
Loc.
Elk Grove
Does anyone know how to get BAT to answer questions about selling a vehicle? Maybe a good contact email other than what's on the website? I have emailed them (been patient for a response i know it wont be immediate), and messaged them on IG. Looking to get a 76 Bronco listed and have a couple questions. Thanks in advance for any help!

cannunz546

Contributor
Bronco Owner and Admirer
Loc.
Does anyone know how to get BAT to answer questions about selling a vehicle? Maybe a good contact email other than what's on the website? I have emailed them (been patient for a response i know it wont be immediate), and messaged them on IG. Looking to get a 76 Bronco listed and have a couple questions. Thanks in advance for any help!
In my experience, nothing moves fast with BaT. But they typically do respond.