• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Are Bronco prices finally getting soft?

bgaller

I realize some people can still get big money, but I'm seeing a lot of softness in the market that wasn't there before. Wondering if anyone else has noticed that? I wonder if it's due to inflation and/or interest rates?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
There was a 66 u13 on BAT that just brought $5k less yesterday than it did in 2019 on BAT. That's the only thing I've seen recently that made me look twice on the price though. u13 sell to a minute percentage of bronco buyers though, and not a good gauge of price trends imo.

BruiserOutdoors

There was a 66 u13 on BAT that just brought $5k less yesterday than it did in 2019 on BAT. That's the only thing I've seen recently that made me look twice on the price though. u13 sell to a minute percentage of bronco buyers though, and not a good gauge of price trends imo.
this is very true from what ive seen. u13's are cool, but certainly don't bring big $$$ to the majority

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not sure about Bronco's yet... but watching the used market I'm seeing some decent older toys coming up with decent pricing. Still not what they were pre covid.

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've noticed a lot of broncos for sale with huge numbers - more than before! None seem to be moving. Thinking people are trying to cash out last minute. Bronco parts also seem to be slowing down.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Maybe a little but prices are still crazy high. I hope it stays high a little longer. I may be putting one of mine on the market before the end of the year.

mebco09

Cash is going to be king again pretty soon. Even though 99% of classic car purchases are done with cash, a lot of that cash was coming from refinancing and taking equity out of real estate.. The refinance market is done for awhile, and I think that will moderate the high end of Bronco sales (and other classics, and ski boats, and Harleys, etc. etc.).

2 1/2% money was basically free money. Free money does stupid things, like pay too much for toys.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I thinks sales of low ended slowed some due to economy and towards the higher end the new Broncos are having an impact. I know a few who have recently sold to focus on a new one and others stopped looking at vintage.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
BAT still is bringing some crazy prices.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I have been considering a new Bronco, but happy to wait to see if in another year they get a little more available. Then I think I want to find another 78-79 Bronco. Cheaper, I can work on it, not as well supported in the aftermarket, but less sales tax, registration fees, and insurance costs. Then I wonder if I could end up spending the same amount of money on restoring it? And the final question is I am 61, do I really need another Bronco of any kind?

rixtasan

Contributor
I realize some people can still get big money, but I'm seeing a lot of softness in the market that wasn't there before. Wondering if anyone else has noticed that? I wonder if it's due to inflation and/or interest rates?
The market is getting a little soft, but Early Broncos and still selling. Especially the less expensive ones.