• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Are Bronco prices finally getting soft?

andyp

Contributor
I have been considering a new Bronco, but happy to wait to see if in another year they get a little more available. Then I think I want to find another 78-79 Bronco. Cheaper, I can work on it, not as well supported in the aftermarket, but less sales tax, registration fees, and insurance costs. Then I wonder if I could end up spending the same amount of money on restoring it? And the final question is I am 61, do I really need another Bronco of any kind?
You always need another Bronco!

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I don't think its the bronco market that is softening but rather people needing money after spending to much, and inflation making an impact. Those people are more eager to let things go at a more favorable price IMO. Its a cycle....

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I thought so but this says differently.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
tops? Winter '20. Bronco was #1 (hi-est sales price). That spring it had fallen to #23rd w/Cherokee in 1st. I have not watched since then but everything has come dwn some.
Location, stock (bronk is now in the 'classic market' usually unmodified bring higher prices in that category as folk want 'original'. May not hold for this vehicle?), co to rest0 or rest0mod, auction, net sale (combine both for highest) marketing management (20 to hundreds of pic, a vid, social media for preceding month, etc) recent number of hands-passed-thru, length on market, yr made matched w/age of buying cohort (rich in ur 40s/60s = ability to buy car turned U on asa teen) ... all these things effect final sales price.
I remember a guy (you'd recognize his face if ura 'car guy') who was/is 'a social influencer' that found an ol ford wagon, I think owned/sold pre-covid. Hada 428 SCJ motor I think. He ran 'features' on "all his channels" for abt a month, w/o the add-on of "I'm selling this". Which he did a lill later. It wuz nota flip. He got his hands dirty once or twice. But... it sure gota nice price (U or I might not have) in the end. The more energy put in (the right way) the higher the sales price. Bronk? few who sell know ALL the ins/outs OR do few who buy. They jus wanna B on 1 end or the other. ALL the oem is now avail (like the stang) minor changes yr to yr, w/less than 500K (?449?) made - it might seem a desirable vehicle? A guy in TX is selling glovie doors...
I hope it becomes more 'a classic'. I dont like all the bolt ons. Enjoy vehicles (esp merican late '30s - very early 50s, early 60s down sized; europeans 30s - late 70s; most 'light trucks' Oz to merican) as stock or as 'sleeper' performance (pep'n MPGs) due to interest in dailyin all I own. Longer term ownership (pass dwn w/in families), madea splash when 1st introduced (C1-'56/60 vette), turned the market (taurus design - we're still under the influence world-wide) & falcon (suv and muscle, likewise - some of which we're still under) lancia, panhard, tatra and so on. Even orphans can be interesting if ur into history, manufacturing, or macro economics. "Cars is great!"

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would never put a car in auction in December. There is a reason the live houses don't. I guess January will tell us a little more.