• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FL Are There Any Other Watch Collectors Out There? Possible Trade for Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Ken

Loc.
Out to Sea
Does anyone else appreciate fine time pieces? For some reason the mechanics and craftsmanship of a nice watch or clock has always drawn me in.
I've been collecting watches for about 10 years now, and have a particularly rare one that I just don't wear much. So I'm just throwing the question out there- is there anyone who may be interested in making a trade a high-end watch? I'm thinking of a project involving a 351W and Dana 60s, but I am open to offers and suggestions.

This watch was handmade by Townson Watch Co. in Towson, MD. The silver face was was then hand-engraved by the world famous Jochen Benzinger- it is called a Benzinger Classic. They made less than 10 of these watches, and I bought this one new in 2007. It came with a black alligator band, but I asked them to change it for a brown one (also engraved Towson).
They are each numbered, and mine is number 1. The retail was $10,105.

Some of you may think it's crazy to pay $10,000 for a watch (it is!), but there is just something really special about this one.

Attachments

• Last Import - 346.jpg
    Last Import - 346.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 193
  • Last Import - 348.jpg
    Last Import - 348.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 177
  • Last Import - 349.jpg
    Last Import - 349.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
OP
OP
Captain Ken

Captain Ken

Loc.
Out to Sea
Watch collecting is a similar illness to Broncos... except you don't have nearly as much fun!

Seriously, I appreciate the craftsmanship and precision of watches and clocks. We have quite a collection of rare clocks on the boat, and I'm always tinkering with them in order to keep precise time.

rjrobin2002

Bronco Guru
I am such a red neck that i could see myself giving or even throwing away something valuable like that. And I am from a generation that my only watch is my cell phone, LOL. I work in a hospital and have to use it to calculate heart rates and use the flash on it to examine peoples pupils. That gearing is pretty cool though, do all hand watches have that many gears?

Adarcy

Nobody, huh?

I'm a fan and like you it is largely for the mechanical engineering that goes into movements of the automatic watches. I don't collect, rather enjoy for awhile, sell, and move onto the next one. Right now I am on the hunt for a modern diver style watch to wear everyday. It would see use in the water, the garage, hiking/biking, and in a suit. I've been reading a lot about the omega co-axial movements. They are interesting and the clear case backs while not providing any sort of function are memorizing.

OP
OP
Captain Ken

Captain Ken

Loc.
Out to Sea
Right now I am on the hunt for a modern diver style watch to wear everyday. It would see use in the water, the garage, hiking/biking, and in a suit.

My daily "driver" is a Breitling Superocean. I've been wearing it daily for about 8 years now. Had to have it rebuilt after a nasty scooter accident, and recently changed the black rubber band to blue. Great watch though.

This isn't my watch, but it's the same one except for the orange numbers. Mine are white on the orange face.

Attachments

• A1736006.O506-DIVPRO.jpg
    A1736006.O506-DIVPRO.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 87

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Nice one ken !!!
I fancy Chrono Skeleton watches ! (like a Perrelet aso )

But a Rolex is the Jeep of the watch world ;D

one big exception tho ...
any Daytona ( paul newman ) w. special engraving like this ...

1000w

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey,

This discussion is a little too rich for my blood. :)

This is more my speed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HzaRH_cdvws

Actually, I have grown comfortable wearing Timex watches that keep great time. The biggest benefit is that I never need to worry about damage. I've worn my last Timex everyday since my stepdaughter's wedding over four years ago.

When I was bidding a large project over 20 years ago I was in a meeting with the owner's rep involved with the bidding of the project, and the owner of the company I represented. They ended up in a love-fest talking about their Rolexes. We ended up losing the project because our "price was too high". I think there were two too many Rolex watches involved to make a lower price possible. That one experience turned me off to the thought of ever wearing an expensive watch.

To each his own, though.

Jeff

tw322

I also really appreciate a nice watch. Working in Beverly Hills I have had the opportunity to see and wear many different expensive watches but never owned one. The best was an audemars piquet that a sale man strapped on my wrist. When I asked what it retailed for it was mor than my house was worth. I offered to trade my armitron work watch for it but no deal.

01Dudley

Loc.
Knoxville
I was just going thru my hotwheels basket from when I was a kid and found my 80's swatch watch! In perfect working order. Any takers? Thats all I got.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
I was just going thru my hotwheels basket from when I was a kid and found my 80's swatch watch! In perfect working order. Any takers? Thats all I got.

now that is a sweet deal, 80's swatch that still works...

Christi

I don't wanna brag or anything, but I totally have a calculator watch. Won it at the office white elephant party last year. Jealous?

Status
Not open for further replies.