• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Are these original Bronco wheels?

lbjoe4

Correct. Nothing but plain old white or gray/silver/“argent” steel wheels on early Broncos. The color depending on the year.
Anything spoked, or anything chromed was either added at the dealer or by a previous owner.

There were probably some similar options on later full-size bronco‘s and F150s that might be similar, but they would still be an add-on for an early bronco. And if they are truly spoke type, like we used to call “wagon wheels”, then they probably were not original to any year.
thank you for your replies, I have these chrome 8 spoke wheels but I can't find a stamp anywhere on them and just wanted to know what they were, not sure if I should hang on to them or not. I ended up going back with the original wheels I had found and powder coated them to match the top and put the hub caps on.

lbjoe4

Correct. Nothing but plain old white or gray/silver/“argent” steel wheels on early Broncos. The color depending on the year.
Anything spoked, or anything chromed was either added at the dealer or by a previous owner.

There were probably some similar options on later full-size bronco‘s and F150s that might be similar, but they would still be an add-on for an early bronco. And if they are truly spoke type, like we used to call “wagon wheels”, then they probably were not original to any year.
I just googled bronco wagon wheel and that rim popped right up. the one's showing were white, mine are chrome, just odd I couldn't find a stamp of brand or markings on them. Not sure if they are worthy of keeping or just get rid of them.. I do like my original look with hub caps.