• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Are they dreaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
i want 15k for mine. bog hoov wants 15k for his. what is another 3k? got to love the game. see u at ocbr.

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
I would like to know what $8k suspension system they bought & put on. The most expensive system I found was WH for $2203 & Duff's was $2195. It ain't that hard to put the suspension system on. I re-did mine in a weekend a couple years ago. Even if you have a shop do it, you are still looking at $5800 in labor. At the going shop rates around me (about $85/hr) it would take someone 68 hours to rack up that kind of bill. I hate when people blatantly blow smoke up your ass like that. It shouldn't take a competent shop more than a day with 2 guys working to completely change out a Bronco suspension...so even with that, you are only looking at 16 shop hours.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
16 hours hell, i can replace a suspension system in 4.5 hours, that's without a lift working on the ground. add on cutting off the stock RA mounts and bolt on the duff arm bracket, 3 more hours or so. 8 hours times $85 an hour, $680 shop rate.

mortimersnerd

I live near this bronco and saw it the other day. I'm thinking about taking a look at it just for kicks (I'm in the market for one, but not in this price range and not with flares that ugly). I'll report back if I end up talking to someone about it.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Well someone could want it for that price, ya just never know with people

73EB

Loc.
Bentonville, Ar
I would like to know what $8k suspension system they bought & put on. The most expensive system I found was WH for $2203 & Duff's was $2195. It ain't that hard to put the suspension system on. I re-did mine in a weekend a couple years ago. Even if you have a shop do it, you are still looking at $5800 in labor. At the going shop rates around me (about $85/hr) it would take someone 68 hours to rack up that kind of bill. I hate when people blatantly blow smoke up your ass like that. It shouldn't take a competent shop more than a day with 2 guys working to completely change out a Bronco suspension...so even with that, you are only looking at 16 shop hours.

I bet he's including the price for the Moser and currie axles.

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
I bet he's including the price for the Moser and currie axles.

I'll bet you're right, but axles aren't suspension components, they're drive train parts. But what makes me think he is just saying that it's an 8k suspension system is that he listed the axles separately.

Joe C

Loc.
The Woodlands
Priced Right in my opinion. There are parts of the country that would pay more..

We all have to be careful in my opinion how we express our views on what others are asking for their rigs. Yes, we all want a great deal- some of us got one more than others..like anything you buy, especially vehicles and used vehicles for that.

When I see someone pricing fairly close to what the market can bare, I sometimes wonder why we the EB community critize it so much? Many of us are owners and not that I want to endorse over pricing or over paying- no one likes that..I do want to preserve value and not contribute to under valuing our investments.

Fine line.. Now I have many times questioned why someone lloks to grab $50K or $75K- because even though their rig may cost that much to build :)? as anything you invest in there comes a time that your vision may not be worth the cost of sale??

Food for thought EB community

Miker

Bronco Guru
As my friend Randy (Tasker) once said to me, "everything sold in life is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it" - He's so damn wise, sometimes I am just in awe :)

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Let's wait until some of these critics post their EBs for sale on this forum and then we'll post up all kinds of bad talk and rip them to shreds.

blankenship76

Loc.
Indianapolis, IN
As I have been working on my EB, over the last 2 months getting it ready for paint, undercoating it, replacing all of the missing/broken pieces, redoing the interior, etc......

I realize that I bought a middle of the road EB with a great motor and powertrain, but to get it up to par interior/exterior wise it is down right pricey.

So, I say more power to people who have taken the time to get them ready for sale, I hope they get a good price for an EB that is "done"

Just my .02

Status
Not open for further replies.