• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Arizona adventures

nathan_1970

I have owned this Bronco for three years, and last weekend was the first time it has been in 4-wheel drive since the first test drive. I should mention this was more of dirt roading but there was pretty big ruts. We went to Horseshoe lake. Here is the picture half way through.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:

Oakland Bronco

Loc.
San Francisco, CA
Awesome! I've never driven my rig in 4wd and have been itching to find an excuse. After she is done with repairs and is back on the road, I gotta make that happen.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nathan_1970

nathan_1970

Awesome! I've never driving my rig in 4wd and have been itching to find an excuse. After she is done with repairs and is back on the road, I gotta make that happen.

I see you are from Oakland. I bought this Bronco in Santa Clara and I lived in Petaluma up until we moved to AZ 9 months ago. There are lots of great places to check out in the Bay area.

Oakland Bronco

Loc.
San Francisco, CA
I see you are from Oakland. I bought this Bronco in Santa Clara and I lived in Petaluma up until we moved to AZ 9 months ago. There are lots of great places to check out in the Bay area.

I've lived a lot of places in the Bay Area; down on the Peninsula, SF, and Marin, but my wife and I are in Oakland for the time being.

My Bronco happens to be in Petaluma for the restoration. Should get it back in 2-3 months. What prompted the move to AZ?

OP
OP
nathan_1970

nathan_1970

I've lived a lot of places in the Bay Area; down on the Peninsula, SF, and Marin, but my wife and I are in Oakland for the time being.

My Bronco happens to be in Petaluma for the restoration. Should get it back in 2-3 months. What prompted the move to AZ?

Timing. All of my wife's and my family live here, and with having three girls under 6 it just seemed like the right time. Also, a job opened up here that allowed the move.

distended

Contributor
Try Sheeps Crossing. I think on the map its named Sheeps Bridge. Its really cool back in there but you need to cross the river twice and its about a 15 mile drive, takes hour and a half maybe two hours.
There's a hot spring back in there and a long time ago someone made a big hot tube out if concrete and river rock. That washed away a few years ago but I heard that a new hot tube got dragged back there. If there is I didn't see it the last time I went there, maybe in a differant place.

OP
OP
nathan_1970

nathan_1970

Try Sheeps Crossing. I think on the map its named Sheeps Bridge. Its really cool back in there but you need to cross the river twice and its about a 15 mile drive, takes hour and a half maybe two hours.
There's a hot spring back in there and a long time ago someone made a big hot tube out if concrete and river rock. That washed away a few years ago but I heard that a new hot tube got dragged back there. If there is I didn't see it the last time I went there, maybe in a differant place.

Sounds like a good time. How deep is the river where you cross?

distended

Contributor
Sounds like a good time. How deep is the river where you cross?

First crossing's maybe 20 inches. Second one isn't to bad either. I went out there all the time a few years back in a Jeep with a 4" lift and only 31" tires. We would usually walk the crossings first before driving across.

KyddsPly

First crossing's maybe 20 inches. Second one isn't to bad either. I went out there all the time a few years back in a Jeep with a 4" lift and only 31" tires. We would usually walk the crossings first before driving across.

Where is it located?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
That's a long time to not be in 4wd... ;)

Great scenery there man, Bet it was a fun little trip

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Congrats on the off-road trip, I'm sure that was exciting. I grew up in Marin County, certainlly brings back memories!

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Cool pic. I've got a '68 that I've had for almost seven years that I have never put in four wheel drive. Kind of strange to realize it has been that long.

distended

Contributor
Where is it located?

It's been a couple of years now. If I remember right about 7 miles in on the main road that takes you to Horse Shoe Res. from Bartlett Dam Rd. then turn right on a smaller unmaintained road, if you get to the resivour you've gone to far. You'll come to the first crossing after about maybe 1/2 mile. Theres a small house with horses on your left.

OP
OP
nathan_1970

nathan_1970

We took her off road again. This time I needed 4 low! We found a cool trailhead so I had to get a picture (first picture).

Attachments

• Bronco 1970 (2).JPG
    Bronco 1970 (2).JPG
    267.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 4 wheel with Kyle (3).jpg
    4 wheel with Kyle (3).jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Definitely! In fact, that sign alone could be somebody's screened background for a catalog page or web page. Or a cool club logo for their trail-reports.

Definitely have to get some more shots near there. Maybe a group shot next time anyone's in the area.

Very cool stuff Nathan. Thanks for sharing your fun.

Paul