• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

At least I got a good shot of her before

zonian

Loc.
St. Augustine
Looks great, hard to believe the transformation from before your paint to after. Hang in there, if it didn't hurt once in awhile it wouldn't be a bronco....

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Looks great, but those HID looking headlights really look out of place on a vintage truck. I am not knocking it (your bronco is beautiful!!!) they just really stand out and I had never had the opportunity to see them installed on a stocker. Maybe they are stock headlights and its the angle of the picture, shadows, and overcast?

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Looks great, hard to believe the transformation from before your paint to after. Hang in there, if it didn't hurt once in awhile it wouldn't be a bronco....

And I didn't even have photos of it when I first got it! Floorboard rusted straight through because that original rubber mat was still on it. A board over a hole so the passenger's feet didn't hit the pavement. Broken steering column. Headliner soaked through in yellow cigarette smoke. Cracked upholstery. Holes in the exhaust line kept the cabin full of smelly exhaust. The good ole days.

It deserved some TLC. These cars are too awesome to be left to rot away.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Looks great, but those HID looking headlights really look out of place on a vintage truck. I am not knocking it (your bronco is beautiful!!!) they just really stand out and I had never had the opportunity to see them installed on a stocker. Maybe they are stock headlights and its the angle of the picture, shadows, and overcast?

Yes, they are LED headlights. I drive a lot at night (and almost maimed a cow last year) so I really needed to upgrade the headlights. And it's defiantly not restored to stock. It's been converted to an automatic transmission, swapped the 289 to 302 (which wasn't available in the 68 I think). I'm going to build a wet canvas holder to install in the interior...it'll be perfect :cool:

Toddpole

Contributor
Great photos! That first one looks like the cover shot from a Ford dealer Bronco brochure.

nutter3

That is a great photo! Once they fix your rusty floors hopefully that will be it. :)