• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

At what point did you realize there is no such thing as a bronco budget?

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
When I bought my current Bronco (it is my second one), my dad said this will cost me money for what I perceive as a lifetime of fun. That was when I was in my 20's, now I am in my 50's and I am still having fun.

Dapper Dan

Loc.
Lake City
Not even on a bronco just the whole no budget thing. Said on my 67 F250 i will just reseal the intake............has not moved in over a year and a half. So what's to figure the Bronco will be different. Have no intentions on selling it as many of you do so just do what makes you happy!!!:)

zonian

Loc.
St. Augustine
My wife put me on a bronco budget after the initial flurry of repairs.......I keep the receipts in a binder, but don't look at them as it is a painfull reminder........oh well, still having fun....

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When my oil pan gasket turned into a frame off.

But, even I have a budget, I'm doing payroll deductions each month...

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
I figured it out as soon as I thought it was a good idea to pull the body off the frame to repair the rust.

Then the "Well it's off, I might as well...." begun.

This.^^^. But that was in 2005. I just now put the body back on... I have receipts but am scared to add them up.

LOVNBRONCOS

Loc.
Tucson, Az
When the clutch replacement became a complete make over. Kept track of the receipts for the 1st couple months until the wife started asking how much have you spent. Stopped keeping track so I didn't have to lie. She stopped asking after a few I don't know haven't been keeping track answers. I have all the receipts but I will never add them up.

pa69broncoguy

it was when i pulled the body off to fix the frame and decided i might as well find a nice v8 frame instead , with the reasoning of i might as well since i have went this far. Many decisions followed with the same reasoning of well im this far in i might as well replace that too!!! $$$$ it was supposed to be a low budget project , not so much :)

I quit adding long ago, now i just estimate in my head what i have in it. I think im better off not knowing an acurate number.

OP
OP
KyddsPly

KyddsPly

Event though the receipts today to organize the file- didn't add them up- but at least an inch thick and not done yet. Yep- no such thing as a budget

earthguy

Event though the receipts today to organize the file- didn't add them up- but at least an inch thick and not done yet. Yep- no such thing as a budget

Shhhhhh! I'm still in denial. Restoration budgets are as real as Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Sand Man, the Tooth Fairy, and the rest of the Guardians. They're true because I saw them in a movie once.

hsach

Contributor
Members Only
My problem is that you guys have some great ideas and awesome looking Broncos. ;D Since my '67 is in the beginning stages of a frame-off, every time I browse this site I find a new thing I want to add to my Bronco. It went from turning it back into a somewhat stock uncut with a 351W, to my current goal of putting in a 4r70W with column shift, AC, EFI, sound and heat deadening, ect..... You get the idea.

And honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. Seeing some of the mods here really gets me excited to see what mine will eventually look like. Also, I am really starting to like the look of that Hot Rod Flatz paint, the olive color might be in my future, combine that with the Flatz Wimbledon white on the top and grill and I might be in Heaven. My wallet will suffer, but keep showing all of these great mods/upgrades.

americanhorses

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, California
There is such thing as a budget. It's monthly. Always look forward...never back. I've seen soooo much great stuff on here I can't keep up. Since I want to drive, I just focused on getting it to that point.

Now I'm budgeting to get another Bronco.

OP
OP
KyddsPly

KyddsPly

There is such thing as a budget. It's monthly. Always look forward...never back. I've seen soooo much great stuff on here I can't keep up. Since I want to drive, I just focused on getting it to that point.

Now I'm budgeting to get another Bronco.

Well put

DuctTape

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bozeman, MT
Well, probably about a month in. My wife is great. She busts my balls every time a new package comes in but she won't let me stop the habit because she knows I love it. She busts my balls about spending 90% of my chore time on the bronco vs doing her list but she does it with a smile on her face.

It's a hobby, not an investment, therefore there is no budget.