• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Atlas Shift Rods

jimschulz

Loc.
Eastern Washington
I'm in the process of installing an Atlas T/C and having a bit of an issue with the shift rods. They dont seem to want to fit with the NV3550 trans. The install sheet that came with it talks about a C4 trans? My question is, does anyone know if there are different sets of shift rods for the manual vs auto trans?

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
They are fairly universal but can be a bear to fit sometimes. Without physically being there it’s really difficult to see the challenges. I’ve put a couple in heeps with ax15’s but never a bronco. I don’t remember it being more difficult than any other but they were clocked pretty flat which helps with the fitment and alignment of the rods.

T-7ToNewOldB

I had to clearance my trans tunnel with an AX15 and Atlas 2 so they could fit. 1" body lift wasn't enough. 1.5" probably would have been.

OP
OP
jimschulz

jimschulz

Loc.
Eastern Washington
I ended up re-clocking the T-Case and modifying the Advance Adapter trans support bracket. I was able to get the linkage in, but just barely. Thanks for your input!

JSBX

Contributor
I am running a 4R70W and had to use longer shift rods and the round spacer also longer to make the shifter for the Atlas work in the stock location. Took a lot of work to get it to fit right. Had to cut two unused boss with threaded holes off the transmission and the shift linkage is still a tight fit. Your NV might not be as long so this may not apply but just throwing it out there. I got the longer rods and spacer from Atlas.