• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Attn 203/205 Doubler experts...

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
I am looking to buy a 203/205 doubler set-up. I found one that I think will work. It is a Chevy 203 to Ford 205 doubler with a Northwest Fab adapter. Was used with a TH400 tranny, but I will be using it with my Ford np435 (I currently have a Ford NP435 and 205 in my Bronco).

My understanding is that all I would need for this to work in my Bronco is an adapter from the 203 to the 435. Am I correct? Also, who makes a 203/435 adapter?

Please let me know if I am missing something. Thanks.

Chris

bigjhoov

nobody
Probably gonna need to swap the input on the 203 or the output on the 435 for them to worki together depending on what the input spline on the 203 is. Pretty easy to do really, just swap out the input gear in the 203 with the correct one from a Ford I'd guess.

All of these guys should have the 435/203 adapter you need.

NWFab
Off Road Design
Advance Adapters
Jed's Machining

OP
OP
luderchris

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
What about the mating surfaces of the cases and different bolt patterns. Is there a Chevy 203 to Ford 435 adapter or can one of them be drilled out to match?

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
Loc.
Excel
Jed has one of the shortest adaptors I have seen during my research. You are going to need all the room you can get with the added length to the drive train.

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
Loc.
Excel
What about the mating surfaces of the cases and different bolt patterns. Is there a Chevy 203 to Ford 435 adapter or can one of them be drilled out to match?

Give Jed a call. He can answer your questions.

bigjhoov

nobody

Not sure. I just redrilled a chevy 203 to a 6-round pattern to work with an Atlas adpater. It seems to be a pretty common thing on Pirate.