• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TN August 65 170 engine tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
looking for this engine tag, they re located on the coil bracket.

Attachments

• IMG_4904.jpg
    IMG_4904.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Marti makes them.

Tags
We offer reproductions of the various tags used on your classic Ford, Lincoln and Mercury. Our tags are made using the same stamping equipment used at the factory and are designed to be EXACT replacements for what was originally used at the time your vehicle was manufactured. Including the specific fonts, spacing and tag design.
When ordering tags it is important if you have your original tag(s), that you upload pictures so we can duplicate all unique characteristics. See Questions about Tag Variations for a further explanation of why this is important.

ESTIMATED LEAD TIMES: Tags are a custom made item and are completed in batches according to type of tag and font.

Standard lead time for most tags is 3-4 weeks.

Lead time for the 1952-1964 DATA TAGS is 4-6 weeks.

Lead time for METAL TAGS for trucks, vans and Broncos is 6-8 weeks.

Lead time for 1980-1993 VEHICLE CERTIFICATION LABELS is 4-6 weeks due to research that may be required.

AXLE TAGS, BUCK TAGS, ENGINE TAGS, CARB TAGS and OWNERCARDS require at least 7-8 weeks.

OP
OP
T-Bird

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
Thanks Bobby, I was thinking about going that route, but wanted to throw it out there for an original one first. The one pictured is off my roadster, but my halfcab is scratched and beat to heck. Since both are consecutive VIN numbers I want to keep them both all original as much as possible.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I've never actually looked at mine to see what the date is, I'll look. Early Sept build so I would assume it was.

OP
OP
T-Bird

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
The Engine tags have a code on the bottom right. Both of mine have 16-S. I cannot find anything pertaining to these numbers, only they are listed as a engine code. I’m thinking that 16-S maybe stamped to go into Broncos. Check yours and see what the number is.

RVB

Contributor
I have seen those with the crankcase vent system marked E16-S.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Only bad part is I really don't want to get rid of it lol. Was hoping for one on my crusty 66' but there's not one anywhere to be found.

20200815_204809.jpg

OP
OP
T-Bird

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
Thanks for posting Bobby. It also shows a 16-S engine code as both of mine. All 3 are very close on numbers. I’m still curious if 16-S is designated to just Broncos.

Status
Not open for further replies.