• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

battery options for coyote project

stock orange

so many batteries so little time to research them all.

any thoughts on what battery to use on my coyote swap project. Trying to find one that is small and strong.

Thanks in advance

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Small and strong would be lithium, expensive, but night and day stronger for the size.

OP
OP
S

stock orange

Stock location. I am tucking my cold air intake right behind the battery.
so smaller the better.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pick your favorite battery. Nothing specific needed for the Battery in a Coyote at the stock location.

May be easier to direct the Air Intake to the driver's side.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Yeah, I don't trust those batteries to be something to start a truck in BFE. Too complicated (read: too many failure modes) if their charging control is done right. Not to mention the thermal run-away issues illustrated by the Boeing problem. NiH's have that same thermal run-away problem and I've been part of one of those events. One was one too many!

AND we have lead recycling figured out, but what about lithium? Sure as hell don't need that getting into ground water or something.

Last edited:

pbwcr

Of course the Boeing issue was with Lion batts with different technology that car start Lion batts. But I agree, the "L iron" batts that vehicle use is a way new technology and for sure untested.
I was at shop where a rig was getting an new batt box for new batt and i was able to hold the new and old batteries in my hand and I was shocked by the difference in weight.