• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

bc bronco throttle cable

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
Chuck (or anyone who can answer this),
Where can i get a replacement cable for your EFI throttle cable? I'm talking about the thin gauge aircraft cable that is inside the sheething? Also, how long is the original EFI cable that came with it? After getting it all set up and trimming the calbe down to the right size, i have realized that i've made it TOO SHORT!?! Where can i get a replacement? I don't want to have to buy the whole efi throttle cable again!

thanks

Luke

hdfx81

I don't know if this will work for EFI but when my cable broke on my carbed motor I just took the inner cable from a bicycle brake cable and it's lasted over 2 yrs now.

MPG_Bronco

Loc.
Chandler
O'riely's has universal gas cables that you can use... and the cable from bike brake lines are the same type of cable...

broncokak

Bronco Guru
I called earlier this spring for a replacement cable and BCB told me I had to buy the complete set up. They do not have just a cable or inner cable available. :( So as of right now I am running on luck should I have any problems with my 7 year old cable.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
You can shorten the sheething or you can find the inner cable at most hardware stores.

markperry

Bronco Guru
I don't know if this will work for EFI but when my cable broke on my carbed motor I just took the inner cable from a bicycle brake cable and it's lasted over 2 yrs now.

That's pretty clever! Good idea!

OP
OP
z70what

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
thanks guys.. i'll either shorten the sheething or try to finda bike cable! Good ideas.

Luke