• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bed liner on firewall (engine side)??

thiswildbronco

I’ve planned on having Line-ex applied to the entire engine compartment, but someone suggested that the added layer in firewall can spell trouble when it comes time to remount components (brake booster, steering column, etc). This surprised me. I’d like to know if anyone else thinks that bedliner on inner firewall is a mistake.

Thanks!!’

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
Not in my book. I had the entire interior of my tub Line-X'd. I taped off the areas I didn't want it, like under the brake reservoir, and it's worked out fine. It sure took all the tin can noise away.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
My entire engine compartment is Line-Xed. Make sure everything is mounted and fits before hand. The thickness will make reinstalling difficult in some spots, but it gives just enough. I will say that the LineX doesn't hold up so well on the PS side front inner wheel well. The header has melted it...but it's not a big deal. If your very particular, you might want to clearance the fender ahead of time unless you plan to install a heat shield between the two.

No regrets on the Line-X. Cleans well, holds up well, Best of luck with your build.