• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Before and After pics...

Cougar

Loc.
Loveland, CO
Just thought I'd show off my ride... It has been about 16 months since I bought her and this is where she's at now. The after pic shows my son pretending to drive her. He might as well get use to it because after all of the time and money spent, it will someday be his...

Attachments

• b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 400

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Very Nice. I wish my project was at that stage.

Blue71

OP
OP
C

Cougar

Loc.
Loveland, CO
bmcqueen,

Here are the specs as they stand now:

- 3.5" lift using superlift coil springs and 11 leaf rear BC Broncos' springs.

- New polyurethane suspension bushings.

- Custom built Stone Crusher steering linkage tied to a rebuilt F-series power steering box by West Texas Offroad (Thanks guys!)

- Standard chrome wagon style wheels by Desert Rat with 33 x 12.5" Dunlop mud terrains.

- Lots of Rubber and misc. items like Bushwacker flares from Jeff's.

- Paint is 2002 Toyota Tacoma Mystic Gold.

- Lots of elbow grease, sweat, and swearing went into her...

She's about mid way through a 3 year restoration, but things are never really done right? I still have the interior and drive train to do. Right now she's still running the stock 302 and three on the tree. Eventually, she'll be a column mounted automatic running either a C4 or AOD with a new 302 in front...maybe 351W.

Thanks for the compliments. I need the encouragement!

OP
OP
C

Cougar

Loc.
Loveland, CO
jarhead,

That's a good question...I'm guessing that they are either 15 x 7's or 8's. They have 235/75/15's mounted on them. The "before" pic shows the Bronco as she was when I bought her. I never had the old rims and tires broken down. The new rims are 15 x 10"s with 4" backspacing.

ricks77eb

Loc.
Deer Park, Texas
She's a real beauty, keep on working and keep the pics and updates coming. If you time it right she will be finished just in time for your son to start driving.

Rick

OP
OP
C

Cougar

Loc.
Loveland, CO
Here's an "in between shot" from last fall before the lift and tires were put on. This shot showcases my best junkyard find...a steel reinforced fiberglass hood for $100. I wish the rest of the parts hunting had gone so well...

Attachments

• inthemiddle.jpg
    inthemiddle.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 331
OP
OP
C

Cougar

Loc.
Loveland, CO
The hood was sourced from Riverside Salvage Yard in Greeley, CO. They only carry trucks and SUV's there. Some of the people there are very helpful and will bend over backwards to help you and the others are...well...lets just say are not helpful. Just depends on the day.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Nice job so far. I have been working on one and it has been a big project too. I don't have any son :( so next week I'll post a picture of my dog trying to drive. :)

66horse

Bronco Guru
Cougar said:
Here's an "in between shot" from last fall before the lift and tires were put on. This shot showcases my best junkyard find...a steel reinforced fiberglass hood for $100. I wish the rest of the parts hunting had gone so well...

First of all your project looks awesome....

but this picture and the one above really shows what a difference tires and wheels makes!!

Sweet bronco!!!!

Steve