• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bench Seat Upholstery...

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Hey guys, So I have contacted bronco hut and found out that they are not really taking orders on upholstery because they arent happy with their supplier who is 12-15 months behind on orders.

I have an upholstery guy that can fix the springs in my original seat but I need to get him some upholstery too. He can make the covers if I can find the correct materials.

Does anyone know where to find the material for the parchment with silver bar bench seats? Or just a source for me to start looking at? I just don't know where to look.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 1.25.03 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 1.25.03 PM.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 10.01.40 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 10.01.40 AM.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 74

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Sorry I do not. I looked long and hard but only found BH and nothing against them, the price was out of my budget.

I used a local guy and went with non original materials. I like the way it came out.

Tim

Attachments

• 20160311_113321.jpg
    20160311_113321.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 68

Bronco-Brian

Contributor
Loc.
Lake Oswego, OR
The '66 Silver and Matchbook insert pattern is only found as NOS Ford stock. As far as I know, SMS in Oregon is the only supplier. I am currently having a factory looking bench reupholstered locally, and the material is available. Took a couple weeks to get the vinyl, and costs about $200 for enough yards to build one seat.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Thomas Weisel in Medford Oregon did a 66 cover for my 66 bench seat.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Thomas Weisel in Medford Oregon did a 66 cover for my 66 bench seat.

Is he the guy that used to sell the bucket and rear sets on eBay? Somebody with a handle like “madeone4you” made some nice ones out in Medford.

Last edited:

clinem03

Give Emily at B62 custom upholstery a call. She’s fantastic and has thousands of colors/vinyl/leather to choose from and can make anything custom. I got my seat cover and door panels from her for my F100. Turned out great and she’s awesome to work with.

Attachments

• F100.jpg
    F100.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Thanks guys... I have messaged SMS and hope to get a positive response. Right now I really want to do the original style upholstery but if I can find it I may go to a more period-correct custom style. Factory is my first choice tho.

BradGP

Sorry I do not. I looked long and hard but only found BH and nothing against them, the price was out of my budget.

I used a local guy and went with non original materials. I like the way it came out.

Tim

That looks like turn out nice.

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Well I got in touch with SMS and ordered a new cover in the factory style. Pricey! I hope its worth it!!!

dlane84

Nice

Give Emily at B62 custom upholstery a call. She’s fantastic and has thousands of colors/vinyl/leather to choose from and can make anything custom. I got my seat cover and door panels from her for my F100. Turned out great and she’s awesome to work with.

Oh, that's lovely.

75Denver

Well I got in touch with SMS and ordered a new cover in the factory style. Pricey! I hope its worth it!!!
What is there going rate? I just picked up a bench seat and would like to get it covered. Is that the full silver or combo silver/parchment? Out of curiosity, what year did that happen? I’ve only seen solid silver in the 66/67 but think the bench was up to ‘72.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
1966 is the only year of the full silver cover. The 1967 and later bench seat covers were parchment trim and the silver "Matchstick" inserts..

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
What is there going rate? I just picked up a bench seat and would like to get it covered. Is that the full silver or combo silver/parchment? Out of curiosity, what year did that happen? I’ve only seen solid silver in the 66/67 but think the bench was up to ‘72.
I paid 800ish for the cover when I ordered it... That was the total after taxes and whatnot if Im remembering correctly.