• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BEST CHASSIS OPTIONS

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I will be starting my new build soon. I have a perfect 1969 Bronco chassis with ZERO issues. I want to install any/all modern parts/ideas to get this looking right, as well as the best ride on/offroad.

My idea is to build my own version of a "concept Bronco". I want to keep it low maybe 3.5 suspension lift max, and a 1" body lift if necessary.

1 - keep it as low as I can in order to drive it on the street. It may go offroad, but primarily street driven.

2 - I am not afraid to cut into the floor to get the trans to fit, as opposed to lifting the entire body up to accomplish the same clearance.

3 - A 4 link front and rear (Duff?) seems to be the best option (in my opinion). I would also like to use full width axles to get a wider more stable ride.

4 - Pushing the rear axle back may also make for a better ride. Options? Opinions?

5 - Coyote and an auto trans. What are the best trans/gear options?

I welcome any input that anyone might have in order to make this the best it can be. I am a fabricator by trade, so I am not afraid to build anything. I would prefer to build it myself, if I have the machines to get it done. Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions!