• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best top and roll bars?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I am currently working on a roll cage. I got the A pillar hoop in and am going to start on the c pillar next. I have a new best top for the build. It looks to me like I have to make room for the best-top hoops to clear the cage. It looks the tops rear hoops have a fixed position piviot point. So the way I see this is I have to install the tops frame so I can see what I need to do to not let the roll cage get in the way of the operation of the top's framework. Does this sound correct? Will this make for a odd design over the back seat area? Anyone got any pictures?

Thanks
Bax

Last edited:

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Don't know how it will help but here you go

fireant.jpg

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Thats funny Rev thanks.

hammer

Bronco Guru
This is my family cage that fits under my bestop. Hope these help. These are just pics I already had in my photobucket account. If you need a pic in particular let me know and i'll snap it for ya.

2012-08-18102424-Copy.jpg

2012-08-17143555.jpg

rps20120704_194924.jpg

rnrmp

Loc.
owasso
I disconnect the front support and it will have enough give to get over the bailed bilt cage I have.

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Yeah I think I will build a disconnect or a sliding track for the tops hoop. I really don't want to have a bar directly over the seats in the back.

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
No this one is green. The blue one is just sitting all stored away nice and safe