• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best upper and lower SEFI manifolds for hood clearance

67ster

Bronco Guru
I plan to replace the stock 289 with a '93 5.0 and have a chance to buy the complete sefi unit from a 95 HO for $300 including the harness,injectors and brain . I didn't plan on lifting the body more than 1" but some have told me I still may have clearance problems with the hood. I know several of you have done the efi and wondered which year/model are easiest . Thanks !

bigmuddy

Bronco Guru
As far as I know all of the mustang 5.0 intakes are more or less the same. The explorer intakes are different but couldn't say that they are taller off hand. If your body mounts are good with a 1" body lift, you shouldn't have any trouble using the stock hood, if you do it will probably be at one of the hood stiffeners which can be modify pretty easily.

Ben

A&Mbronco

Loc.
Houston,TX
I think you'll be fine w/ the 1" body lift. I had a 1inch phenolic spacer and it cleared fine with my 2" body lift

Redleg06

done it

I swapped a 95 5.0 motor into my Bronco. The 95 intake is the shortest of the mustang intakes. There was some clearance issues with the hood, but I put a hoodscoop on. With a 1" body lift I would not have had any clearance issues. You do not need a new computer. From the firewall forward I used the 95 harness, tied it into my Centech harness it runs great. I have a 93 Cobra intake on it now, which gave me a little more power, still no clearance issues with the scoop.

OP
OP

67ster

Bronco Guru
Many thanks guys ! This is a fresh stock 5.0 roller from a 93 Mustang and I'm going with the C-4 for now. It's a family DD/hunting,fishing,light wheeling rig.

OP
OP

67ster

Bronco Guru
I was just offered a setup off a 93 T-Bird 5.0 and wonder how those work out ?

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
I have 2 91 SD HO motors from donor Mk VII's. One 93 Cougar HO Mass Air. Not much difference between the two in stock form.

racebronco

Loc.
Jeffersonville, IN
67ster said:
I was just offered a setup off a 93 T-Bird 5.0 and wonder how those work out ?

I'm using the 93 T-bird computer, etc on mine, but I'm using upper & lower intakes & throttle body from a 1990 towncar so I can use the stock throttle linkage. seems to work out ok..