• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Big bear snow run meeting information repost

Blueoval4me

Loc.
Fullerton, CA
we are going to meet at the Big Bear Discovery Center Tomorrow morning. Reasons are: The BBDC is close to where the run starts, you can buy the required adventure pass there ($5), it is easy to find, they have a nice website that has directions<br><br>http://www.bigbeardiscoverycenter.com/pages/vicinity.html<br><br>they sell snacks, drinks, etc... and plenty of parking.<br><br>I called then this morning and all trails except 2N09 are open so if we blast through Holcomb Valley and want to have more fun, we can. <br><br>Meet time is 10am, I will be on CB channel 5

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
The Discovery Center is located on the North side of the lake in the community of Fawnskin.<br><br>Actual street number is not on website.<br><br>Big Bear Discovery Center <br>41397 North Shore Drive<br>Fawnskin, CA 92333<br>

OP
OP
B

Blueoval4me

Loc.
Fullerton, CA
I figured out the route this morning. I thought I would spice it up a bit, and still include the holcomb valley tour. So if you have a map you can check it out<br><br>Leave Discovery center and travel W on 38 to Fawnskin. Go straight at the junction onto rim of the world. Follow it until it becomes 3N14. <br><br>3N14 to 3N08 to 3N16 <br><br>3N16 is the Holcomb valley trail and ends near Baldwin Lake.<br><br>I think this route will add distance and interest to the run. There are side trails we could play at, and there is 1 bail out point 2N09 in roughly the middle just in case.<br><br>Eric