• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bilstein 7100's And Trac Bar Riser Install With Photos

asabadin

Loc.
L.A.CALI NO THIEVES
My 7100 short bodies showed up on my door step today. Much thanks to lee from raceshock great service and fast!! everyone else said 3 to 4 weeks, he got them to my door in 10 days and still beat all the other vendors on the price.

I will be installing them this Sunday With Scott From www.americanbronco.com We will be installing and fabbing the new track bar riser from wild horses along with f series mounts up front with some custom rear mounts from Lars to equal the travel of inboard along with the control of outboard. Will post some more pics of the aftermath Sunday or Monday.

Attachments

• Picture 184.jpg
    Picture 184.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
OP
OP
asabadin

asabadin

Loc.
L.A.CALI NO THIEVES
ok let me try again, here is what we are installing Sunday with my new 7100 short bodies

Attachments

• Picture 194.jpg
    Picture 194.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 177
OP
OP
asabadin

asabadin

Loc.
L.A.CALI NO THIEVES
hERE ARE SOME AFTER PICS

Attachments

• Picture 195.jpg
    Picture 195.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 312
  • Picture 196.jpg
    Picture 196.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 212
  • Picture 198.jpg
    Picture 198.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 305

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
Nice work. Do you think you'll have any clearance issues with the F250/res. on full stuff? And are you running a drop pitman?

OP
OP
asabadin

asabadin

Loc.
L.A.CALI NO THIEVES
no drop pitman since my heim tie rod over steering system(stonecrusher) reduces the angle plenty.What kind opf CLEARANCE ISSUES ARE YOU REFFERING TO? No clearance issues so far( fingers crossed)

jeffdukovac

Hose Clamps

Turn your Hose Clamps so the adjuster is BEHIND the res. body or your tires will catch the excess and bend the hose clamp. Cut the escess of with some tin snips.
Jeff

M

Miley

Nice. I've been waiting on mine for over a month now :mad: .

I keep calling and get the same story... They had to be built, they are behind, they shipped a week ago, blah blah blah.

I suppose they will be here soon.

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
asabadin said:
What kind opf CLEARANCE ISSUES ARE YOU REFFERING TO? No clearance issues so far( fingers crossed)

I have a similar mount I want to install and thought the hose at the top of the shock could contact the tire when the suspension is at full compression since it points toward the tire. I might order mine with a 90 degree fitting at the top of the shock or run a 1" wheel spacer. You might not know if yours will clear for sure until you ramp or forklift test it. Jeff had a good idea about the clamps too.

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
asabadin said:
ok let me try again, here is what we are installing Sunday with my new 7100 short bodies

What type of wheelin do you do to have choosen that specific shock?
going fast in the desert / trails/ rock crawling???/
thanks, milo

OP
OP
asabadin

asabadin

Loc.
L.A.CALI NO THIEVES
4xfloored said:
What type of wheelin do you do to have choosen that specific shock?
going fast in the desert / trails/ rock crawling???/
thanks, milo
trails mostly but some desert down the road. Most of the vets on this board people here with years of experience plus most people that do any kind of offroading that i have talked to with suspension building experience all agree on the "one good shock" philosophy.This bieng use one good shock as opposed to two or three substandard ones per suspension point(i.e. sanchos oops ranchos)

I am working on a mount to relocate the resevoir since it did hit at full flex when the wheels were turned all the way to one side probably going to design a bracket to mount the res on top of my shock mount

68ford

Bronco Guru
just let the spring be the bumpstop,the coils will all bind and it will work perfect, max travel and your axle is designed to go up that high anyway. just make sure the shock doesnt bottom. and make sure the shocks dont fully extend, some will pull apart like king or swayaway and fox.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
68ford said:
just let the spring be the bumpstop,the coils will all bind and it will work perfect,

Hands down, that is the WORST advice I've seen on this board EVER!

Never, Ever go to coil bind on ANY compression coil spring. That is the fastest way to kill a set of coil springs that there is.

68ford

Bronco Guru
ntsqd said:
Hands down, that is the WORST advice I've seen on this board EVER!

Never, Ever go to coil bind on ANY compression coil spring. That is the fastest way to kill a set of coil springs that there is.[/QUOTE

thats funny cause it worked great for 3 years of hard use and never sagged an inch. the reason i ran it like that is because with wh 5.5 coils the coil binds before the 3in or whatever bumpstop hits, its not like the coil is being over compressed, look how close the coils are anyway.
spend your money on something else,dont run bumpstops it wont hurt anything, if it does ill give you my old 3 in bumps there brand new sitting at my dads house
i also let my rear springs compress to where the axle tube is 3/8 in from the frame, my bumpstop in on my shock, thats way past the stock bumpstop and my springs are fine it works great, my pics are proof of what im telling you. ive been down your road and know what works, just trying to save you some cash.
for the record offroad race trucks have the coils bound about 75 percent of the time, but they have no idea what they are doing ;D