• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Blinkers - slow to blink

kc15842

Loc.
Lake Elsinore, Ca
I swapped flashers, the flashers both work. The emergency flashers work fine, all 4 lights are bright and blink consistant. In both directions, with the truck running or not I can hear the flasher very slowly but it doesn't seem as if there is enough current to light the lights and blink with a consitant pulse. Any thoughts guys?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Are you running LED turn signals? If so the lower power cumsumption is likely the problem.
If you havn't screwed up the power consumption with LED lights, the blinker is brobably going out. Yes they can do wierd thing when they go out.

Ranchtruck

Entertainment aside, the first thing to check is the flasher unit itself. There's two of them under the dash right by the steering column. One is for the hazards, the other for turn. Swap the two flasher cans and leave the slow one for the hazards.

patterdale

Bronco Guru
If you got a heavy duty flasher it will blink slower than stock. The heavy duty was made for plugging In a trailer. Stock flashers of the day would blink fast and be hard to see because the added load would heat them up faster so they would blink faster.

OP
OP
K

kc15842

Loc.
Lake Elsinore, Ca
Thanks guys, tried the swap with the same result. The flahers work great with either flasher. Blinkers no go. Whats next??

Thanks again

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I would still throw a new blinker can in it. Someone may have put a pair of heavy duty blinker in it in the past. At one time I would look for stock mopar blinker cans from the 80's because they would start with an on blink when most of the other would start with an off blink. Just something I prefered. One of those OCD things.