• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Blueprint 306ci ?

broncobusted

Hello all I recently came across a thread for this engine BP3060CTCD. I was wondering if anyone who has installed this engine in an early bronco had any issues with the air cleaner or distributer fitting under the original hood. Or any other direct drop in fittment issues ?
Mine is an original 69 with 302 in it.
Thanks for any input.
Dave

chuckji

Contributor
Loc.
SE Michigan
Have you checked out their BP306MAXCTC?
Their 306's with MAX in the model number were specifically spec'd for early Broncos.

Begz

I have the MAX 306. It's just a 302 block for any fitment questions. No issues with fitment or mounting. The hood fitment depends more on your carb/FI setup, which then depends on your distributor set up. I have to run a shorter air cleaner to clear my hood, but that because I have to run spacers under my Fitech, because I run a Davis DUI distributor that is massive and I have to raise the carb to fit.