• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body Lift Look

datawireguy

Loc.
sacramento
I have a 2.5" suspension lift now with 31" tires. I want add a body lift but can choose what one. should i use 2" or 3". Im thinking of running 33s after the body lift. But if I could run 35 i might. What would look and work best?

Last edited:

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Not enough information here. If you already have 2 1/2" why are you changing it? Or is the 2 1/2" a suspension lift? If so then either one will work for 33's. 35's will also fit with either one (assuming the rear quarter panels are already cut) but they will rub more with the 2" than the 3". An extreme cutout flare will make them fit better.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
datawireguy said:
I have a 2.5" spring now with 31" tires. I want a body lift but can choose what one. should i use 2" or 3". Im thinking of running 33s after the body lift. But if I could run 35 i might. What would look and work best?

2"

I'm really happy with mine. I did the Wildhorses kit. It took me a full day to put it in (adjust linkages, clearances, drink some beer, etc)

Merlin76

I have 33's under a 2" body lift and 0 suspension lift.... No rubbing yet.

Attachments

• ProComps1.JPG
    ProComps1.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 51

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
I would say go with the 2" you will be able to clear 33's no problem. For 35's you'll need to do some inner fender trimming. I'm assuming you already have cut outs. I'm running a 3'5" sus lift and 2" body with 35's. I need some inner fender trimming to keep tires from rubbing when fully stuffed in front and rear.
Alot depends on what you plan to do with your rig.

72_EB

66to77
3" is cheesy and too much in my opinion. 2" gap can still be hidden easily with bumpers such and does make working on stuff underneath a world easier!

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
I wouldn't go over 2" just for the fact of look and possible other fabrications(brake lines, grounds, etc..) I would go more with the suspension if I were to increase more than that.

Check out these body mounts if you go that way, www.NicksTrix.classicbroncos.com

I know nick does alot with aluminum I was wondering if he would invert the look of the body mount to look more fat than thin?

edgeoffroad04

Hey TJk74,
Is all of your suspension lift from Duffs? If so, how do you like their Coils? Ive heard BC coils seem to be a better on and off-road for the bronco. How are their shocks? And are their any tips to what I shouldnt get from them for my lift? I will hopefully be running the same suspension setup you have right now with 35s this summer.
Thanks
Marcus

Jimmyjames

Loc.
Romulus, AL
Here is a 2.5" SL and 3 " BL

6975P9230002s.jpg

Those tires are 32" tall

I really didn't want to put that much BL on. But I needed it for engine clearance.

Now that It (the BL) is on there I am very happy with it. There is so much room when working under the truck. One more shot.

6975PC030024.JPG

JJ

jgboffroad

Loc.
Vacouver, WA
body lift

you can really go with 2 or 3" body lift, i highly recomend performance acc. body lifts, i have in stalled 4 now... 2 on jeeps and 2 broncos... their instructions are so so, but the product is good.. they also offer gap guards. this is where you maintain a good look.. they fill the gap between the body and the frame in the wheel wells...

body lift 2" 66-77 bronco #772 $107.99
3" 66-77 bronco #773 $112.99
rear gap guard #6522 $25.57 @baxter auto parts in portland, or

Dalt72

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
I have a 2 1/2 susp. with the james duff 2 inch body lift and new body mounts with 31 inch tires Hope this helps

Dalt72

Attachments

• bodylift1.jpg
    bodylift1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 27
  • bodylift2.jpg
    bodylift2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 21