• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brake light pigtail indentification

bronconv

I have a 71 that I am in the middle of rewiring. If I recall I have a EZ Wire harness set-up. I bought the harness so long ago I can't exactly remember the brand. ;D, Although for this question that's not important. I am using the original tail light assemblies but I cut the Ford pigtail connectors off the tail lights years ago. So for the Brake Light/Turn Signal wires I have a brown wire and a yellow wire coming off the assembly. The question I have is which wire powers what? I'm putting new connectors on and would like to get it right the first time.

Thanks,

Roger

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Brown is tail lights, yellow is turn/brake lights.

OP
OP
bronconv

bronconv

Thanks, that's a big help. My harness came with only a couple connectors I'm going to use, like for the headlights. For the tail lights I'm crimping in blade type connectors.