• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco body and paint done, now what?

clintOK

Loc.
Driftwood
So it’s been about a year and a half since I started the color swap and interior upgrades on my bronco. It was red (which I hate) with no doors, no top and a spray liner interior. I found some doors, added the BC broncos top, paint, carpet, sound deadener, a lot of little touches here and there. The motor has had some work with new plugs and wires, new distributor and it runs fine. I don’t have heat or air and I don’t love the rims (but think they fit the truck pretty well). I have a tire carrier rear bumper and I’m thinking of switching out the front bumper to stock (chrome or black?). What else do you think I need to do to pull it together? I live in the middle of flatland Oklahoma so wheeling isn’t really an option but I do a lot of off road pasture driving which it’s plenty capable for that. Lockers etc. don’t seem very useful for my purposes mostly it’s just for running around and having fun. With the soft top I don’t think A/C is really feasible, am I wrong there? Mostly just wanting opinions
image_zpsful1sg6l.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
[/IMG]
E63AA441-6F42-4746-8E24-6C6D9E96C12F_zps39u1b7tb.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
E882BB6A-5D3E-4B16-86D7-6DF2FBB019AF_zpsvrk7jrko.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
My opinion is, WOW! You have one sick looking rig there son. Absolutely gorgeous! What else do you need? Looks plenty done to me sir. Jim ;)
PS. I'm not a red guy either.��

OP
OP
clintOK

clintOK

Loc.
Driftwood
My opinion is, WOW! You have one sick looking rig there son. Absolutely gorgeous! What else do you need? Looks plenty done to me sir. Jim ;)
PS. I'm not a red guy either.��[/QUOTE]

Jim what do you think of the front bumper? Should I go chrome stock instead or do you think it fits the truck?

Last edited:

The Far Side

Contributor
Wow......looks pretty much done to me. I would be out scouting my next project in it. I'm not big on the rims either so that would be the only major swap. My front bumper is similar and I like it. Planning to do a lot of my trim, bumpers, etc in a med dark argent just because veryone does black or chrome. Might be an option for you only you may want the original argent which is lighter and would go better with your darker colored body.

Great job!

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
If I couldn't do black for some reason, I would go body color on the cage and bumpers, and some good looking black & machined wheels, a little less blingy. I like the bumpers, very similar to mine. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0856.jpg
    IMG_0856.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

rydog1130

Bronco Guru
Looks sick, do you really need us to help you justify on spending more money? Go buy a rust bucket and bring it back to life if your itching for something to do and spend your money on!

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Put stock bumpers on for sure! Then just save your money so you can buy a 2020 bronco next year or the year after. Wouldnt hurt to have 2 broncos. Maybe you can be the first guy on the rubicon with a 2020 bronco.

And please dont color match the wheels and bumpers to the top! thats just gay, but some guys love to paint anything they can remove with a pliers and a screwdriver.......paint your mirrors and wiper arms brown too while your in there. The pinstripe was just enuf to tie it together and stay classy! Good job on that!

OP
OP
clintOK

clintOK

Loc.
Driftwood
If I couldn't do black for some reason, I would go body color on the cage and bumpers, and some good looking black & machined wheels, a little less blingy. I like the bumpers, very similar to mine. ;)

That’s a great truck! I love the color. I wanted to paint mine all orange but my wife overruled me!

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Looks sick, do you really need us to help you justify on spending more money?
x2

When you need to do something or go somewhere that it can't, you'll know what you need to do next: either modify the Bronco, or get another vehicle. Don't go looking for things to do just to do them - let the truck be what you need it to be.

If it's too hot to enjoy in the summer, find a hard top, & add A/C. If it's too noisy for a phone call, add matting & soft interior surfaces to absorb sound. If it squeaks & rattles, find them & kill them. If you worry about backing into shorter vehicles, add parking sensors. If it's cold in winter, add seat heaters. If you want hands-free & MP3s, add a BT radio (with reverse camera if you need one). If you take long trips, add cruise.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Truck looks Great!

I'd also go Body Color with the Cage, Bumpers and Flares.

I am not a fan of those wheels either. Method NV Black would look nice.

ParteeBronco

What color is this beauty? Stock, metallic lime green?

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
run'm hard. make memories with it.
that is all that is needed. while having fun driving you will know what it needs next or not..