• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco history search via VIN # or????

OP
OP
waltjr94

waltjr94

Loc.
East Bay Area CA
Hopefully I can get some very specific info. The selling dealer was Coberly Ford in LA. Not sure if they are still in business. The patriarch Joseph E. Coberly Jr. retired in 1988 & passed away in 2006.

fordfan

Bronco Guru
That's a cool Bronco you have for sure! Do we need to take up a donation so you can become a 'contributor' and post up pictures? You do know all us Bronco Brothers like to see pictures!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah even the Marti usually only tells you the dealer it was delivered to, but not who bought it. But you never know. If it was a special bulk purchase it might open up some more avenues of information.

It's always cool too, to see how many Broncos were sold with your particular paint and options list.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Definitely a special order DSO.

Some of the military broncos were DSO 830000.

Ill bet you are on the right track with some sort of government order

Would definitely love to have one of those...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Cool hopefully the Marti will shed some light. They dont always answer all the questions but sometimes they do. :)

Mine just wants to come out of the garage, then we can think about marti report haha

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hi Paul- Yes it has the warranty plate on the glove box door- I will check it out. Thanks for all this info! Going to go check it out RIGHT NOW!

Welcome Aboard by the way!! U definitely found the right spot..

Scotty

You can always ask the DMV if they can provide a registration history. The worst they can say is "no".

I know this doesn't help in your situation but here in Colorado, the Dept. of Revenue has a form (DR 2539) for searching of title history. The information I received identified the 2 previous owners and addresses but goes back only to 1991.

OP
OP
waltjr94

waltjr94

Loc.
East Bay Area CA
Hey Scotty...Thanks for that info. The CA DMV will provide some sort of report for a nominal fee. I might just do that also.