• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Mechanic - Los Angeles Area

Comemonday67

Loc.
La Crescenta
Hello All!!
This is my first post and I need some help! I live in the Los Angeles area in the foothill community of La Crescenta. Bottom line I am looking for a knowledgeable, trustworthy mechanic to assist in my restoration project. My target start date for the project is early part of 2016. Really hoping to find someone who is familiar working on Broncos, the aftermarket equipment/options as well some familiarity with our awesome vendors as well.

What I am looking to do first is get her running and then do some upgrades (EFI, electrical, intake, cam, valve work, transfer case, cage, axles, rear end, tie rod, breaks, hydro boost, etc.). Not doing a frame-off just want to get her road/off-road worthy. I am hoping to find someone willing to take on the project located in the San Fernando, LA or San Gabriel areas.

What I have is a rust free California 71 Bronco Sport that I purchased in the summer of 1985 for $2,700.00, it’s my first car. In late 80’s I had some work done by a guy named Dean who owned a shop called Venice Broncos (later called Vintage Broncos). Anyway, somehow managed to keep her despite driving home when I should not have, loss of a job, buying house, remodeling the house, putting two girls thru private high school, college, etc. She has not been driven or started since 2004!

Thank you very much and see you in April at the Fabulous Fords Forever show!

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Welcome aboard! I am not too far from you over in Lake View Terrace. I often drive my Bronco in La Crescenta as I grew up there and my folks still live there.

I am afraid I can't help you with a mechanic but I would suggest joining up with So Cal Broncos and ask over there. I bet someone will have a recommendation.

I will be at FFF this year....dark blue, uncut with white top and hubcaps.