• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco pet-peeves

brewdude

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Groveland, CA
1. People calling it a J**P<br><br>2. When it is not running.<br><br>3. Knowing how much I have spent on it already, and knowing how much more I will be spending.<br><br>4. Everything rattles with the top on.

OP
OP
T

t2jeff

Loc.
Playa Del Rey, CA
8)when fugly hoes look <br>9)when hot chicks don`t look <br>10)breaking down when the hot chicks do look <br><br><br>too funny......!<br><br> ;D ;D ;D

76BroncoSport

Loc.
McKinney, Texas
I actually like the looks of the guage cluster. Vintage.<br><br><br>[quote author=mrcat88 link=board=5;threadid=7845;start=0#55051 date=1028842230]<br>-the dents I keep finding under the paint....<br>-the paint...<br>-the "high ford quality" stock guage cluster...<br>-all the "fixes" from the previous owner<br>-gas pedal....have you tried to get the engine around that thing? ugh!<br><br>Mrcat88<br>[/quote]

thumper

Loc.
Bountiful, Utah
1) Not enough time to drive it in the Dirt and on the Rocks!!<br><br>2) Dash gauges and lights suck!!!<br><br>3) I love it more than all of the other vehicles combined and they cost me $80,000 (actually wife's pet peeve about me and the BRONC)<br><br>How can you not love something that rides this rough and loves you back!!!

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I'm glad that I'm not the only one with the custom roll of duck tape beverage holder...lol.<br><br>I guess mine would have to be lack of dinero to progress the truck in the manner which I would like and I refuse to cut corners to get it going.<br><br>snake

orange69

My bronco has never been called a heep. People always seem to call it a Scout!! :mad:<br><br>1. Leaking power steering<br>2. bald tires & no money to buy new ones<br>3. driver's side window that rolls down cock-eyed.<br>4. all the rattles in the world

Quityerbitchin

Loc.
Keller, TX
All in all I love the thing.. that being said, however:<br><br>1) 28 year old wiring that's been patched together so many times it looks like Spaghetti Warehouse... ;D<br>2) That damned tailgate rattle and the non-cancelling blinkers :)<br>3) Everytime I go to do something I find 4 other things that need to be done.. :p<br><br>And yet it still drives... Brothers (and sisters) they just don't make em like that anymore... Sorry, but they don't..<br><br>-Chris

brewdude

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Groveland, CA
[quote author=brewdude link=board=5;threadid=7845;start=30#55235 date=1028905648]<br>1. People calling it a J**P<br><br>2. When it is not running.<br><br>3. Knowing how much I have spent on it already, and knowing how much more I will be spending.<br><br>4. Everything rattles with the top on.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Oh I forgot, here is another one, the only gauge that works is the speedometer.

Fitz

Loc.
Simi Valley, CA
1.) no reverse lights<br>2.) california smog laws<br>3.) rust I haven't fixed yet<br><br>otherwise, extremely happy 8)

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
1 Ticks<br><br>2 Chiggers<br><br>3 Wasps<br><br>Up the old pant leg from the fresh air vent :eek:

TOMKLU

Loc.
San Diego, Californi
I keep thinking about this when I do anything with the Bronco, and the list gets a little longer each time.<br>My biggest gripe is filling the auxilary tank. Wish I could blame it on some foriegn engineer. 2nd is the glare off the side windows of the hard top at night. It makes me pay more attention during lane changes.

jerry74explorer

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
1) RUST RUST RUST
2) 260X U-Joints ??? What the hell was Ford smoking that day.
3) Overheating 351w
4) Multiple Broken C4's (unless built by a race Tranny man which is $$$$)
5) The waiting for the day she's back on the road (or off as the case may be.)

Still love her though ;) ;D 8)

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
1) Rattling tailgate<br>2) No matter how much silicone is utilized, the top will still leak<br>3) J-Shifter (what genius decided "J" was simpler than "T"?)<br>4) 6 inch Ford eblem front and rear and people STILL refer to it as a Jeep. (Even though AMC only made a V-8 powered CJ one year)<br>5)Why couldn't Ford use the high-pinion D44 out of the F-150's in the Bronco? Would it have been that hard?!?!<br>6) The factory '76-'77 inverted-Y steering linkage

sixtysix

Loc.
Manchester, MO
A single gas tank that holds a little more than the one on my lawnmower. However, stopping all the time for gas does let my talk to more people about the rig.

ford67bronco

Loc.
Wisconsin
Only one major pet-peeve, my income can't support my want list fast enough...EB's are so addictive!!!

Actually it's people mistaking my rig for a heep or else a scout. ::)