• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco pictured in Mount St. Helen's eruption article

crozetcrew

Loc.
Bakersfield
Thought I'd share this. Neat article about Mount St. Helen's 35 years ago today.

Chris

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Mt-St-Helens-303703301.html

150513_eric_big.jpg

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice Chris, thanks for sharing.

That's pretty cool

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Makes me feel old.. I remember that day very well, the big one didn't effect us much (40 miles southwest in Vernonia OR) but we did get some ash, but not the feet of ash for areas to the east. We could hear the blast of the eruption at home, I was on my way to school.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Great pic. I can remember sitting class and our first grade told us about it happening.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I remember right after this that summer was one of the hottest summers around here I've ever known!!

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
My neighbor ,who is no longer here said the ash made really good cement .I didn't live here at the time so I didn't get to experience it,maybe it'll happen again while I'm still above ground.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I remember that day, I was in High School. Thought bow-ties were cool back then...

Very cool article.